Berry Vanilla Bean Belgian Waffle Cake // Video
Crisp, buttery waffles piled high, smothered in whipped vanilla mascarpone cream and berries….is there anything better? This Berry Vanilla Bean Belgian Waffle Cake is a breakfast lovers dream come true. Simple to make and a show stopping centerpiece for any occasion.
Mother’s Day is right around the corner….like, just three days away. Do you know what you’re getting for your mom? Or yourself? Or your wife? It’s tough, right? Sometimes we go to a big brunch buffet where we eat so much you need to nap the rest of the day away. But it’s so crowded….and expensive….and I, personally, don’t think my pants can take another brunch buffet. So, this year….we’re staying in.
My favorite part of brunch is the Belgian waffles, anyway. I like them really golden and crispy on the outside…so they crunch when you take a bite. But tender and fluffy on the inside so they kind of melt in your mouth. And I pile on tons of whipped cream, then berries…and sometime a little bit of butter. It’s like a giant dessert….more so than breakfast but it’s what I like and how I like it and so……I made my Belgian waffles even better by turning them into this Berry Vanilla Bean Belgian Waffle Cake.
This recipe couldn’t be any simpler. It looks spectacular when sitting on a buffet table or just serve it to mom with a side of homemade breakfast sausage and this Mimosa spiked fruit salad. I made the waffles with a simple Belgian waffle mix bought in the cereal aisle and tweaked the recipe just a tad by adding a big dollop of vanilla bean paste. Then, while the waffle was baking, I whipped up the mascarpone cream similar to the one for this Berry Tiramisu….also spiked with a bit of vanilla. Topped with your favorite berries, this is simply splendid for every occasion.
It would be a great addition to any baby shower, bridal shower, Mother’s Day brunch….heck, even dad would love this one for Father’s Day.
Along with this epic Berry Vanilla Bean Belgian Waffle Cake, we like making a Berry Cheesecake Stuffed French Toast Casserole, Smoked Salmon Canapes (a reader favorite for years!) and MY personal favorite….Strawberry Cheesecake Smoothies!!
If you need something for a smaller gathering, these Mini Berry Waffle Cakes are fantastic!
Get the Recipe: Berry Vanilla Bean Belgian Waffle Cake
- 3 cups Belgian Waffle Mix, I like Krusteaz
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla bean paste
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups assorted berries, plus more for garnish
- Heat a belgian or conventional waffle iron coated with cooking spray.
- Whisk waffle mix, water, eggs, oil and vanilla bean paste together until smooth. Allow the batter to rest for 2 minutes. Ladle approximately 1 cup of batter onto waffle iron.
- Cook waffles 3 minutes until golden brown (or follow manufacturer’s cooking instructions).
- Cool the waffles on a wire rack until room temperature.
- While the waffles cool, beat the mascarpone cheese, heavy cream, sugar and vanilla until stiff peaks form.
- Place one waffle on a serving platter or cake plate and spread 1/3 of the mascarpone cream in an even layer over the top of the waffle. Top with 1/3 of the berries.
- Repeat with remaining waffles. Garnish with fresh berries and sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving, if desired. Serve immediately.