Grilled Chicken Fajita Salad with Honey Lime Vinaigrette
Fresh, light and fast, Grilled Chicken Fajita Salad with Honey Lime Vinaigrette is a flavorful main course meal option for busy weeknights and beyond. Tender juicy chicken marinated in a zesty fajita seasoning is paired with grilled veggies and a simple dressing that takes seconds to prepare.
Our pool………..is finished. If you’re new around here, we started the process of building a pool last fall and it was a bit messy for months around here. Mud in the mud room (I know, it’s supposed to be muddy), mud in the kitchen (that is NOT supposed to be muddy) mud mountain in the yard, giant mud pit in the yard….it was a scene. And not a picturesque one. But now….it’s done and it’s absolutely glorious. I’ll share some pics in a few weeks once I have everything in place and break in the chairs but now all I want to do is….break in the chairs. I don’t want to work, I don’t want to travel…I just want to sit on a chair and stare at the water because I waited almost my entire life to have a pool of my own and now….it is here. And I couldn’t be happier.
And since I plan to spend hours gazing at the blue water (that’s actually not blue at all…it’s a reflection of the sky and I never thought about it until they said the pool bottom would be white and I wanted blue and….I…well, let’s just stop there), I need meals that are easy to prepare, require very little clean up and are somewhat healthy. I love to grill in the summer for those very reasons…meals are easy to prepare, require very little clean up and unless they’re stuffed with cheese like these little sliders….are somewhat healthy.
Enter the Grilled Chicken Fajita Salad with Honey Lime Vinaigrette. It’s super easy because I start the whole thing with my easy Grilled Chicken Fajitas made with this Homemade Fajita Seasoning Mix. (You can totally use your favorite store brand fajita seasoning but I like to make a big batch of this instead to have on hand for fajita emergencies!) And instead of arranging them on a tortilla, I tossed them in a salad with some greens and avocado. The Honey Lime Vinaigrette just makes the entire salad come together so swimmingly. No pun intended, of course.
If you like to load your Grilled Chicken Fajita Salad up, this Mexican Street Corn Salad would be an awesome addition and really add some spice to the mix. And if you’re not really in the fajita salad kinda mood, you can always chow down on some Grilled Fajita Nachos! They’re totally incredibly fabulous. Don’t forget the margaritas!
Get the Recipe: grilled chicken fajita salad
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 2 bell peppers, sliced
- 2 tablespoons fajita seasoning
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 avocado, pitted and sliced
- 8 cups mixed salad greens
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon finely minced garlic
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Place the chicken, onion, bell pepper in a resealable bag. In a small bowl, whisk together the fajita seasoning, oil and water. Pour the marinade into the bag and seal tightly. Allow the chicken to marinade in the refrigerator for 1-12 hours.
- Preheat the grill.
- Remove the chicken, onion and bell pepper from the marinade. Discard the marinade. Place the chicken, onion and bell pepper on the grill. Grill for 3-4 minutes and then turn over. Cook for an additional 4-5 minutes or until the chicken is cook through. Transfer to a platter, cover with foil and allow the chicken to rest for 5 minutes.
- Remove the foil and slice the chicken into 1/2 inch slices across the grain.
- Arrange the salad greens on a platter. Top with the chicken, onions, peppers and avocado.
- Whisk together the lime juice, honey, mustard, vinegar, garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Toss the dressing with the salad and serve.