Broccoli Cheddar Quiche
This easy to make Broccoli Cheddar Quiche is the best savory breakfast or brunch recipe you’ll whip up this week! A pie crust is filled with a wonderfully simple egg, cheese, and broccoli creamy filling then baked to fluffy, flavorful perfection. With only five main ingredients, this is a budget-friendly breakfast you don’t want to miss out on.
Broccoli Cheddar Quiche
Start the day off right with some fluffy, cheesy, perfectly baked eggs – and broccoli! After all, a little bit of veggies in the morning is a great way to kick start your day. Eating broccoli has never been so easy, either. It’s tender and mixed perfectly with the creamy egg mixture, which of course is made even more delicious with the addition of cheddar cheese. I mean come on, broccoli and cheddar is one of the best food combos to ever exist!
While I love making a good quiche for my family first thing in the morning (when I wake up early enough to do so), I like making them even more for brunch with my friends. Quiche is a great brunch option because in the midst of donuts, waffles, and mimosas, you’re going to want something on the savory side that won’t weigh you down too much! Just slice and serve this quiche, and see how quickly it disappears from the plates of all your girlfriends.
One of the things I love most about this quiche is the consistency, which is really a huge key for a good quiche. A quality quiche needs to be moist, but not wet. Fluffy, but still dense and creamy. And most importantly, a quiche should never, ever be dried out! When all of the simple ingredients some together and bake in this no frills easy recipe, it yields the most amazing quiche results every single time.
It’s very similar to a Frittata but with a flakey, buttery pie crust!
How to Make It
Prepheat. Preheat oven to 425˚F.
Prepare the crust. Roll out the crust and gently press into a pie plate of 9 inch spring form pan. Weigh down the center with pie weights or line with parchment and fill with dry beans.
Bake the crust. Bake the crust for 10 minutes. Remove the pie weight or beans. Cool to room temperature.
Whisk. In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, half and half, salt and pepper. Set aside.
Add the broccoli and cheese. Top the crust with 3/4 cup of the shredded cheese and arrange the broccoli in an even layer.
Prepare the quiche. Pour the egg mixture into the crust and sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
Bake. Reduce the oven temperature to 350°F and bake for approximately 40 minutes or until the quiche is golden brown and puffed.
Enjoy! Serve immediately, and enjoy your quiche!
Tips for the Best Broccoli Cheddar Quiche
- I know buying store-bought pie crust is the easiest option, but it’s not the best. If you have the time, go ahead and make The Very Best Pie Crust! I promise that the end results are so worth the extra effort.
- Shred the cheddar yourself if, again, you have the time to do so. A bag of shredded cheddar has something called “cellulose” that keeps the cheese from sticking to itself in the bag. Freshly shredded cheddar obviously doesn’t have this, and I prefer the flavor of fresh cheese.
- You can use heavy cream instead of half and half, but I find that heavy cream makes quiche a bit too dense and creamy for my liking. To each their own!
Storing Broccoli Cheddar Quiche
To refrigerate your leftovers, just let the quiche cool to room temperature before transferring it to an airtight food storage container. You can also keep it in the original dish and wrap it tightly with plastic wrap. In the refrigerator, it’ll stay fresh for up to 3 days.
If stored properly (same as listed above) in the freezer, this quiche will stay fresh for up to 3 months. You can bake a frozen quiche at 350°F for approximately 45 minutes to an hour for an easy breakfast!
Bake all of my favorite quiches!
- Easy Asparagus Quiche
- Quiche Florentine
- French Onion Quiche with Hash Brown Crust
- Mini Egg Muffins (like a crustless quiche for busy mornings!)
- Quiche Lorraine
Get the Recipe: Broccoli Cheddar Quiche
- 1 pie crust
- 5 large eggs
- 1 cup half and half
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar
- 1 cup chopped cooked broccoli
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- pie plate
- Preheat oven to 425˚F.
- Roll out the crust and gently press into a pie plate of 9 inch spring form pan. Weigh down the center with pie weights or line with parchment and fill with dry beans.
- Bake the crust for 10 minutes. Remove the pie weight or beans. Cool to room temperature.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, half and half, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Top the crust with 3/4 cup of the shredded cheese and arrange the broccoli in an even layer.
- Pour the egg mixture into the crust and sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 350 degrees and bake for approximately 40 minutes or until the quiche is golden brown and puffed.
- Serve immediately.