Caribbean Jerk Chicken Cobb Salad
Caribbean Jerk Chicken Cobb Salad is the flavor packed salad of your dreams! Grilled chicken is made flavorful with jerk seasoning and is tossed together with ingredients like mangoes, avocados, bacon, and more. The fire-roasted pineapple vinaigrette adds just the right amount of sweet heat. This is a salad that will definitely not leave you hungry!
Caribbean Cobb Salad
I like a good cobb salad, but I LOVE Caribbean Cobb Salad! Everything about this easy to make salad is deliciously satisfying. The grilled chicken is absolutely mouthwatering from the jerk seasoning, the veggies and mango chunks keep things oh so freshly flavored, and there’s plenty of the quintessential cobb ingredient we all know and love – BACON!
I think my favorite part of this Caribbean Cobb Salad might just be the Spicy Fire-Roasted Pineapple Vinaigrette. It takes no time at all to blend up, and it’s rich with both sweet and spicy flavors! Jalapeños really bring the heat, but that heat is tamed by the natural sweetness of the pineapple. It really brings the Caribbean flavor home when combined with the jerk seasoning.
Speaking of seasoning, you should make your chicken as delicious as possible with Homemade Jamaican Jerk Seasoning. It brings all of the flavor with way less of the salt! So many store bought packets of jerk seasoning are loaded with sodium and artificial preservatives. My homemade blend takes seconds to mix up and has all natural spices, most of which are already on your spice rack.
How to Make It
Grill the chicken. Heat your grill. Coat the chicken breasts liberally with the jerk seasoning and cook the chicken on both sides until cooked through, approximately 10 minutes. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil. Allow the chicken to rest for 10 minutes while you prepare the rest of the salad.
Assemble your salad! In a large bowl, add the torn romaine hearts and top with the bell pepper, mango, avocado, bacon and scallions. Cut the chicken into cubes and add to the salad. Sprinkle the salad with the macadamia nuts and serve with the Fire-Roasted Pineapple Vinaigrette on the side or serve with your favorite dressing.
Can I make Caribbean Cobb Salad ahead of time?
Yes! Just prepare all of your ingredients and store them in an airtight container in the fridge until ready to serve. It’ll all stay fresh for about 24 hours. Make sure your dressing is stored separately. If your vinaigrette is tossed with the salad, it’ll need to be eaten within a few hours, as the vinaigrette will cause the other ingredients to wilt and soften.
The spicy pineapple vinaigrette will stay fresh for about 3 days if stored properly! Just make sure it’s in an airtight container in the fridge. If the ingredients start to separate in it, just give the dressing a good shake or stir.
Can I use frozen mango chunks?
When it comes to fruits and veggies in salad recipes, I always say that fresh really is best. However, fresh mango might not be super easy to come by depending on where you live. You can use frozen mangoes if you need to! Just make sure they’re fully thawed to room temperature prior to tossing into your salad.
Is Caribbean Cobb Salad spicy?
The salad itself isn’t spicy, but the homemade vinaigrette does lend some heat to it. While the jalapeños in the dressing are tamed by the sweet pineapple, the dressing still does have a noticeable kick to it! You can make this salad totally non-spicy by using a different dressing.
Keep things fresh with more of the very best salad recipes!
- Fattoush Salad
- Raw Asparagus Salad
- Shirazi Salad
- Strawberry Arugula Salad with Spicy Blueberry Vinaigrette
Get the Recipe: Caribbean Jerk Chicken Cobb Salad with Fire-Roasted Pineapple Vinaigrette
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 teaspoons Jamaican Jerk Seasoning
- 2 romaine hearts torn into bite-sized pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 mango, large dice
- 1 avocado, diced
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 5 scallions, white and green parts sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 1/2 cup Fire-Roasted Pineapple Vinaigrette, see link above
- Heat grill. Coat the chicken breasts liberally with the jerk seasoning and cook the chicken on both sides until cooked through, approximately 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a plate and cover with foil. Allow the chicken to rest for 10 minutes while you prepare the rest of the salad.
- In a large bowl, add the torn romaine hearts and top with the bell pepper, mango, avocado, bacon and scallions.
- Cut the chicken into cubes and add to the salad. Sprinkle the salad with the macadamia nuts and serve with the Fire-Roasted Pineapple Vinaigrette on the side or serve with your favorite dressing.