Cinnamon Apple Banana Bread
Cinnamon Apple Banana Bread might just be the BEST baked good you make all fall! Moist, sweet banana quick bread is enhanced with warm spices and is speckled with bites of tart Granny Smith Apples. Enjoy it all by itself or warmed with a smear of butter… With bread this scrumptious, there’s no bad way to take a bite!
Cinnamon Apple Banana Bread
“What’s baking in the oven?!” That’s the question you’ll hear over and over again from various family members as Cinnamon Apple Banana Bread bakes to perfection! Trust me, this baking bread will make your kitchen smell better than your favorite Bath & Body Works candle. Essentially, this quick bread recipe combines everything you love about homemade banana bread with notes of fall apple flavor.
And those two elements together don’t just smell like heaven – they taste like it too! There’s just enough cinnamon and nutmeg to add a little spice to the bread without overpowering the banana flavor. The apples also add such a nice autumnal touch! I recommend using Granny Smith apples, as they balance all of the sweetness with just enough natural tartness to make your mouth water.
This may sound a little strange, but my favorite time to enjoy Cinnamon Apple Bread is actually Thanksgiving morning. Before the cooking madness starts, I treat myself to a slice to help hold me over until we eat. I zap it in the microwave for just about 10-15 seconds, smear it with butter, and enjoy every bite while I sip on my coffee. It’s my favorite moment of fall flavored peace before the madness begins!
How to Make Cinnamon Apple Banana Bread
Mix, bake, enjoy, repeat! This quick bread recipe comes together in no time and always yields the most scrumptious results.
- Prepare. Preheat your oven to 350˚F and spray a loaf pan.
- Beat the butter. Combine the sugar and butter with an electric mixer until fluffy.
- Add more wet ingredients. Slowly beat in the banana, milk, sour cream, and eggs. Be sure to add each ingredient one at a time.
- Whisk the dry ingredients. Whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients. Keep your mixer on a slow speed and combine the wet and dry ingredients until just blended.
- Add the apples. Gently fold the apples into the batter. Pour the batter into the loaf pan.
- Bake. Bake the bread for 1 hour.
- Cool and enjoy! Let the bread first cool in the pan on a wire rack. Then, transfer it from the pan directly onto the rack to finish cooling all the way.
Tips for the Best Cinnamon Apple Banana Bread
- Try your best not to over mix the batter! When you’re combining the wet and dry ingredients AND when you’re folding in the apples, do so gently and only until both tasks are complete.
- Is your bread stuck to the pan? That can happen if it’s left to cool in there for too long. No worries, though! If you carefully run a butter knife along the edges of the pan, you should be able to flip it out just fine.
- If you’re craving an extra little crunch, toss in either some pecans or walnuts.
How to Store Cinnamon Apple Banana Bread
In an airtight container at room temperature, this bread will stay fresh for up to 3 days. You can elongate that time by keeping it in the fridge, where it’ll stay fresh for up to 5 days.
Want to freeze it? Go for it! This bread recipe is freezer friendly. Just wrap it first in plastic wrap, then in aluminum foil and make sure both layers are wrapped nice and tight. It’ll stay fresh in the freezer for up to 3 months. I recommend letting it thaw in the fridge for 8 hours or overnight before serving.
Ready to really go bananas for easy banana bread recipes?!
- The Best Banana Bread
- Double Chocolate Banana Bread
- Maple Glazed Pumpkin Banana Bread with Ginger Streusel
- Easy Banana Bread Muffins
Get the Recipe: Cinnamon Apple Banana Bread Recipe
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 2/3 cups mashed ripe banana, about 3 bananas
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup peeled and diced Granny Smith apple
- 1 loaf pan
- Preheat oven to 350˚F.
- Coat a 9 inch loaf pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine the sugar and butter beating at medium speed until fluffy.
- On low-speed, add the banana, milk, sour cream and eggs mixing after each ingredients until well combined.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Keeping the mixer on low speed, slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients a little at a time. Beat until just blended.
- Fold the apple into the batter and pour into the loaf pan.
- Bake for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes and then turn out onto the wire rack to cool to room temperature.