Coconut Butter Caramel Kiss Blossoms AND a Cookbook Giveaway
Ever since I made my first batch of Coconut Butter, I’ve been eating it with a spoon. Sometimes I put it on toast but it was mostly a spoon snack…whenever I went to the pantry I was reminded it was there. I’d grab a spoon and take a giant swipe of it and proceed to savor every last bit until the spoon looked so clean I could just put it back in the drawer. I didn’t…it made it to the dishwasher but it was tempting.
I knew the first time I made it I wanted to bake something with it. I knew I wanted cookies made with coconut butter…I dreamed about them. And during a long bout of insomnia a few weeks ago, I came up with this idea. Chocolate, caramel, coconut….dreamy. And so easy. These are now my new favorite cookie of all time. Really. Even though I know I said the same thing about every other cookie I posted the past two weeks. I will be making more of these very soon and have already decided to NOT have a weight loss related resolution for the New Year.
These cookies are soft and full of coconut….coconut butter, coconut oil, shredded coconut and coconut sugar. It’s all there. And then the candy kiss on top with the gooey caramel that spills into your mouth when you bite into it. O.M.G.
I had a lot of fun coming up with this recipe and saved the best for last. If you’re not a fan of coconut….I’m sorry I’m not sorry.
Get the Recipe: Coconut Butter Caramel Kiss Blossoms AND a Cookbook Giveaway
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 cup coconut butter
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour, I used King Arthur Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the sugar, butter and coconut oil until light and fluffy. Add the coconut butter and continue beating until incorporated. Add the vanilla and egg and continue beating until combined well.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the baking soda, flour and salt. On low speed, slowly add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients. Continue stirring until a dough forms. Add the shredded coconut and stir to combine thoroughly.
- Shape the dough into 1-inch balls and roll in the coconut sugar. Place the balls on a baking sheet lined with parchment approximately 2 inches apart. Bake for 9-10 minutes or until the edges begin to brown.
- Remove from the oven and immediately top each cookie with 1 candy kiss pressing down firmly (but don't overdo it). Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 2 minutes and then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container.