No Bake Banana Cream Pie
This summer, enjoy a few bites of sunshine and happiness when you indulge in No Bake Banana Cream Pie! A buttery vanilla cookie crust is topped with a sweet, fluffy, and smooth banana filling, then garnished with whipped cream and fresh banana slices. It’s perfect for pool parties, backyard barbecues, and more!
No Bake Banana Cream Pie
This easy no bake recipe isn’t just hassle-free, it’s also made with budget-friendly ingredients! The banana cream filling is essentially just a dressed up pudding mix. Whipped cream, milk, and sliced bananas come together to make the instant pudding go from good to great. It’s a thick, luscious banana cream pie filling that no one will ever know was whipped up with instant mix!
During the warmer month, I LOVE making trusty no bake recipes. They’re sweet, refreshing, and most importantly – I don’t have to sweat over my hot oven! This no bake banana cream pie is always a hit at summertime gatherings. It’s best served chilled, that way it helps you satisfy your sweet tooth while still beating the heat. Another upside is that unlike ice cream, it won’t melt as you indulge.
While the creamy banana pie filling is the star of the show, the crust shouldn’t be ignored here. Graham cracker crusts are tasty, but I love changing things up a little with this sweet vanilla cookie crust! If you love classic banana pudding, you’ll enjoy that classic combination of sweet banana and vanilla cookies in this no bake cream pie.
How to Make It
No bake? Yes, please! Keep the oven turned off and the fridge plugged in for this easy recipe.
Make the pie crust. Place the vanilla cookies in a food processor, and blend on high speed. Reduce the speed to low, and slowly pour in the melted butter.
Prepare the crust. Grease a 9 inch pie dish with butter or vegetable shortening. Press the cookie crumbs firmly into the bottom and up the sides of the dish. Set in the freezer for 25 minutes.
Make the filling. Whisk together the instant pudding mix and cold milk in a large bowl. Add the thawed whipped topping, and fold everything together until just combined.
Assemble the pie. Remove the crust from the freezer, and place the slices of banana in a single layer along the bottom. Spoon the pudding mixture over the bananas, and spread evenly with a spatula.
Chill. Place the pie in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours.
Garnish, and enjoy! Top with whipped cream and fresh banana slices, optional, and serve chilled. For an easier slice, freeze the pie for an hour before serving.
Storing No Bake Banana Cream Pie
In an airtight container in the fridge, this banana cream pie will stay fresh for up to 5 days! However, the presentation value is always best within 24 hours, as that’s when the bananas will appear the freshest. Sometimes, bananas can become discolored, even in the fridge. They’re still fine to eat, but the appearance might not be as pretty.
If you’d like to freeze the pie, make sure it’s in an a freezer safe food storage container. It will stay fresh in the freezer for up to 1 month.
Variations to Try
- You can use a pre-made graham cracker crust to save prep time, but the vanilla cookie crust compliments the bananas very nicely and mimics the flavors of classic banana pudding.
- Additional toppings include extra cookie crumbs, whole vanilla wafers or cookies, maraschino cherries, and toasted coconut. Feel free to get creative and make this no bake pie your own!
This summer, cool off with some of my favorite no bake desserts!
- No Bake Chocolate Mousse Pie
- No Bake Banana Split Pie
- No Bake Peach Pie
- The Very BEST No Bake Cheesecake Recipe // Video
For more easy summer recipes, follow us on Instagram and Facebook!
Get the Recipe: No Bake Banana Cream Pie
- 3 cups crushed vanilla cookies
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 5.1 ounces banana instant pudding
- 1 1/2 cup reduced fat milk, cold
- 8 ounces frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 ripe banana, sliced
- Whipped Cream
- Fresh banana slices
- pie plate
For the pie crust:
- Place the vanilla cookies in a food processor, and blend on high speed.
- Reduce the speed to low, and slowly pour in the melted butter.
- Grease a 9 inch pie dish with butter or vegetable shortening. Press the cookie crumbs firmly into the bottom and up the sides of the dish. Set in the freezer for 25 minutes.
For the pie filling:
- Whisk together the instant pudding mix and cold milk in a large bowl.
- Add the thawed whipped topping, and fold everything together until just combined.
- Remove the crust from the freezer, and place the slices of banana in a single layer along the bottom.
- Spoon the pudding mixture over the bananas, and spread evenly with a spatula.
- Place the pie in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours.
- Top with whipped cream and fresh banana slices, optional, and serve chilled. (For an easier slice, freeze the pie for an hour before serving.)
4 Comments on “No Bake Banana Cream Pie”
I never usually reply to these but I made this Saturday for our Easter Sunday dessert and even my oldest daughter and husband who are very critical of their desserts and everything I make absolutely loved this. They said save this recipe and make it more often.
It was super easy and was perfect!
Best Banana Cream pie my family said they’ve ever had.
that’s so great to hear! Thank you for your comment!
That makes me so happy! I’m so glad you enjoyed it!