Cumin Spiced Roasted Potatoes with Goat Cheese Remoulade
Disclaimer: This post is created in partnership with ACME Markets. All opinions and statements are my own, as always.
A crispy, spicy, herby side dish that’s definitely not lacking in the flavor department, these Cumin Spiced Roasted Potatoes are drizzled with a creamy Goat Cheese Remoulade to put them in a league of their own. A great addition to any dinner.
Hey guys! Boy, do I have a great recipe for you all today! I’ve actually wanted to make a version of this recipe for you all for over a year now and I’m finally getting around to sharing something similar to what inspired me last fall. So…it all came about a few weeks ago when I attended the recent O Organics® ‘Organic For All™’ event in Chicago with a bunch of other awesome bloggers. I mean, seriously…these bloggers are the cream of the crop…I may have even gone a little “fangirl” meeting them but I managed to pull myself together to act my age. 🙂
During the event, we learned about the O Organics product line, which I’m already a huge fan of. I found the products at my local ACME but if you are outside of the Philadelphia area, O Organics products are available at Albertsons Companies stores across the country, including Albertsons, Safeway, Vons, Jewel-Osco, Shaw’s, Tom Thumb, Randalls, Pavilions and Star Market.
Their spices are amazing and were the perfect addition to my Cumin Spiced Roasted Potatoes with Goat Cheese Remoulade….which isn’t really remoulade because remoulade has mayonnaise in it, and this does not. 🙂 But since it’s my recipe, I’m gonna call it what I want and tell you that this is actually BETTER than remoulade and you’re going to want to put it on everything. Seriously. You’ve been warned.
So, back to Chicago….because I know you’re just dying to know what I do when I flit around the country all fall. My new friends from ACME really packed a ton of information and activities into the day including a nutrition lesson complete with healthy recipes. A few of them have inspired some new recipe ideas I plan to share here in the next few weeks….like fluffy protein packed pancakes.
We also learned how important portion control is in maintaining a healthy lifestyle…something we practice here in our house. I’m an “eat what you want in moderation” kind of girl, as you all know, so this is definitely a message that I’ll help shout from the rooftops. AND did you know that one bowl of oatmeal a day can lower your cholesterol? THAT was news to me…guess what you’ll be seeing more of here!
Then, we all ran to the kitchen to whip up some fun creations using products from the O Organics line. I teamed up with Kelly from Eat Yourself Skinny because it’s always more fun to work with a friend in the kitchen. That’s when we spotted a basket full of the most beautiful baby Yukon Gold potatoes I’ve ever seen. I knew what I had to do, Cumin Spiced Roasted Potatoes…so I grabbed the cayenne, cumin and garlic powder. We sliced them up and tossed them in the bowl with some onions, my spice mix, a little olive oil…then tossed them into a screaming hot frying pan to create a crust. I, THEN, grabbed some O Organics Herbed Goat Cheese and tomato sauce to create my remoulade…that’s not a remoulade. 🙂
When the Cumin Spiced Roasted Potatoes were crusty and tender, we drizzled the most amazing sauce ever over the heaping pile of goodness, snapped a few pictures…then went and ate tacos. And some potatoes…but mostly tacos. Apparently, that problem I’ve mentioned about cooking all day long for the blog and then not wanting to eat any of it because I’ve been tasting it all day…..I’m not the only one that happens to.
Before we left to head back to the airport, we had a shopping spree and grabbed, basically, any O Organics product we could get our hands on to help inspire new recipes at home. I am so thrilled to have been part of the O Organics “Organic For All™” event and can’t wait to share more easy creations with all of you using their amazing products. During the event, I had the opportunity to work with a vast selection of O Organics products, but please be sure to check your local Albertsons family store to see what’s available in your area.
Cumin Spiced Roasted Potatoes with Goat Cheese Remoulade
A side dish so packed with flavor, it could be your main dish....Cumin spiced Roasted Potatoes are a cinch to make!
- 3 pounds baby Yukon Gold potatoes washed and sliced in half
- 1 large onion cut into chunks
- 3/4 cup diced bell pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons O Organics ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground O Organics Cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 ounces O Organics Herbed Goat Cheese room temperature
- 3/4 cup O Organics Tomato Sauce
- 1/4 cup O Organics Low-Fat Milk
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees.
- In a large bowl, toss the potatoes, onion, bell pepper, cumin, cayenne, garlic powder, salt, pepper and 1 tablespoon olive oil to combine thoroughly. Set aside.
- Heat the remaining olive oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add the potato mixture to the pan and cook for 4-5 minutes until they begin to brown. Stir with a spoon and allow the potatoes to begin to brown on all sides, approximately 4-5 additional minutes.
- Transfer the skillet to the oven and roast for 10-15 minutes or until fork tender.
- While the potatoes are in the oven, whisk together the goat cheese, tomato sauce and milk until smooth. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Drizzle the remoulade over the potatoes and sprinkle with parsley, if desired.
- Serve immediately.