Easter Bunny Oreo Ice Cream Cake
An easy dessert for your Easter Sunday celebration! This Easter Bunny Oreo Ice Cream Cake is so simple to make and features a fun ice cream “bunny butt” that will impress all your guests. Fun and festive, you don’t even need to be a baker to pull this one off!
Disclaimer: Thank you I Love Ice Cream Cakes for sponsoring this post. Make I Love Ice Cream Cakes the centerpiece at your gathering and find an ice cream cake in a grocery store near you!
Spring is finally here and with it comes all the fun easter treats! I love to put out creative and cute dishes that help put some fun into the Easter holiday so this year I teamed up with “I Love Ice Cream Cakes” to add a fun spin on the Oreo Ice Cream Cake. When I’m hosting a holiday for family and friends, I tend to go a little overboard with the food making things like this Mango Glazed Ham with Cheesy Au Gratin Potatoes and that takes a ton of time so there are always a few quick, yet impressive, recipes I like to add to keep things simple. Like decorating one of my favorite desserts….and Oreo Ice Cream Cake!
I love to put out creative and cute dishes that help put some fun into the Easter holiday so this year I teamed up with “I Love Ice Cream Cakes” to add a fun spin to the Oreo Ice Cream Cake. I Love Ice Cream Cakes showcases a variety of tasty ice cream cakes for all occasions and springtime celebrations and are easy to find in your local grocery store freezer section.
I found mine at my local ACME Market! From family celebrations or just everyday deliciousness, there’s always a sweet reason to make people smile with an ice cream cake. The Oreo(r) Premium Ice Cream Cake is made with vanilla-flavored ice cream blended with OREO® cookie pieces, plus whipped frosting topped with a large OREO® cookie wafer and OREO® cookie pieces. It’s absolute perfection!!! I love Ice Cream Cakes also offers a Carvel Bunny shaped cake for festive Easter gatherings.
And it was the perfect canvas for my Easter Bunny Oreo Ice Cream Cake recipe. You won’t believe how easy it is to make….most of the work is already done for you with the cookie crust acting as the dirt for your fun carrot garden! The carrots are made from melted white chocolate that’s been brightly colored with simple food color and then piped onto parchment paper. Once cooled, you can remove the carrots and stick them to your cake.
The grass is just green frosting piped on using a “grass” pastry tip (a Wilton 234 tip will work well) and then the Bunny Butt is made with a scoop of vanilla ice cream coated in shredded coconut. A pink fluffy tail is the finishing touch….and that’s a tasty treat all by itself….pink cotton candy which you can pick up in the candy aisle at your local grocery store. It doesn’t get any easier than that!
This Easter Bunny Oreo Ice Cream Cake recipe is the perfect centerpiece for all your easter celebrations! It’s makes a fun addition to a Easter egg hunt party or a beautiful display on your Easter brunch dessert table. And if you’re looking for even more fun Easter desserts be sure to try these Easter Bunny Cupcakes and this easy Easter Bark!
Get the Recipe: Easter Bunny Oreo Ice Cream Cake
- 1 Oreo Premium Ice Cream Cake
- 1 cup vanilla ice cream
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup pink cotton candy
- 2 cups white chocolate candy melts, or chopped white chocolate
- orange, green and pink food coloring
- 2 cups green frosting, you can buy white frosting and color it green
- Remove the ice cream cake from the box and place on a cake plate. Return to the freezer until ready to decorate.
- Press the vanilla ice cream into a small bowl to form the bunny butt, smooth the top with a knife and freeze for 30 minutes.
- Remove the ice cream from the bowl and place the ice cream on the top of the cake in the center, flat side down. Gently press the coconut onto the surface of the vanilla ice cream. Return the cake to the freezer.
- Melt the white chocolate in the microwave in 30 second increments, stirring after each until smooth. Divide the chocolate evenly between three small bowls. Color one bowl orange, one green and one pink until the desired shade is achieved. (If the chocolate starts to firm up, return to the microwave for 20 seconds and stir until smooth.)
- Transfer the chocolate to a zip top bag and snip off the corner. Using the orange, pipe the carrots onto parchment and allow to set. Using the green, pipe the carrot tops and allow to set. Using the white, pipe two 2 1/2 inch ovals for the feet and then decorate by piping the pink paws on the white feet. Allow to set.
- Remove the cake from the freezer and decorate by piping a bit of melted chocolate onto the chocolate pieces to glue them to the desired spots on the cake. Stick the carrot tops into the top edges of the cake, as shown.
- Place the green frosting into a piping bag fitted with the "grass" tip and pipe the grass around the edges of the cake and the bunny butt. Return the cake to the freezer to set for 30 minutes or up to 48 hours.
- Before slicing, remove the cake from the freezer and allow to rest at room temperature for 5-10 minutes before cutting.
20 Comments on “Easter Bunny Oreo Ice Cream Cake”
So flipping cute! Might need to make these with my nieces and nephews!
What an adorable cake! LOVE how you decked this out for Easter!!
This is so cute and festive! I am always up for ice cream cake.
This is so adorable and I do love ice cream cakes. b
Just in time for Easter! Love it!
This cake is sure to steal the show! Too cute!
This is the cutest cake ever!
This is so cute!!
This cake is ridiculously cute! I literally laughed out loud at that bunny butt. Ha ha.
This is perfect for easter! And ice cream cakes are always a winner!
Absolutely adorable and so easy!
I got the biggest kick out of this decoration. Love the little bunny “digging” into the cake!
Thanks so much, Jennifer!!
Such a super cute idea!!!
This is super cute and fun for Easter! This is sure to be a bit hit with everyone!
This is just too cute! You sure know how to decorate a cake good!
What a great way to decorate an ice cream cake!! This is so, so fun!
Thank you! It was a lot of fun to make, too!
Such an adorable cake! Hope you had a great Easter!
Thanks so much! You too!