EASY Deep Dish Pumpkin Pie from Scratch
My favorite pie made even easier, this super Easy Deep Dish Pumpkin Pie from Scratch is made in the blender with whole ingredients. No canned evaporated milk, here….just pure pumpkin, spices, egg and dairy. You’re gonna LOVE how simple this is to make!
I can’t believe Thanksgiving is just a week away…..and I also can’t believe I never shared a pumpkin pie recipe here! Holy cow!! It’s like a holiday staple and my absolute favorite pie ever. I used to love Thanksgiving just for the prospect of eating a whole pie just myself. But what’s weird is that I used to just eat the filling and leave a shell of the empty crust. I wasn’t a big crust fan…same thing went for pizza, except I’d eat the pizza slice until I got to the crust and, essentially, left the crust stumps scattered in the pizza box. Not pie, though. I’d, basically, lick the crust clean and leave it there….somewhat in tact so you could, possibly, fill the crust again and make a second pie. But not anymore….not since I’ve perfected my pie crust recipe and use it every chance I get.
This super Easy Deep Dish Pumpkin Pie from Scratch is the simplest pie you’ll ever make. I doubt you’ll save this one just for Thanksgiving. Since you can find canned pumpkin all year round you could totally make this one to celebrate the 4th of July….even if everyone around will give you the side eye. It’s rich, creamy and absolutely perfectly spiced and I made the filling in about 2 minutes flat using my blender. Just throw all your ingredients into the pitcher along with your pumpkin pie spice and puree until smooth. Pour the filling into a prepared pie crust and bake. Easy, peasy, pumpkin pie sleazy! (No? I tried too hard?)
Now…..a few things to note. Sometimes, pumpkin pie is not the prettiest pie on the table. It’s brown….it’s glossy and it’s cracked. What I learned about perfectly smooth pumpkin pie recipes is this…..if it doesn’t have some kind of crack on top….it may not even be cooked all the way. Too many cracks….it was cooled too quickly, cooked at too high a temperature or cooked too long. BUT with this Easy Deep Dish Pumpkin Pie from Scratch recipe….it cracked like the Grand Canyon every time I made it so to fix that, I spooned a whole mess of whipped cream on top, sprinkled with nutmeg and grabbed a fork. It looks intentional…..and it was, really, except it also makes a drab pie look pretty.
This Easy Deep Dish Pumpkin Pie is a great addition to your holiday dessert table along with my fabulous Apple Pie or the old classic Cherry Pie. (Am I the only one that wants a cherry pie for the holidays? It is RED after all.) And if you’re looking for a straight out pumpkin buffet, this creme brûlée recipe is absolutely fool-proof…..along with THESE easy to make Pumpkin Cheesecakes!
Get the Recipe: Easy Deep Dish Pumpkin Pie from Scratch
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 large eggs
- 2 15 ounce cans pumpkin puree
- 2 cups half and half
- 1 recipe for the very best pie crust
- 2 cups whipped cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Roll out dough and line a 9-inch deep dish pie plate. Crimp the edges and set aside.
- Add the sugar, pumpkin pie spice, kosher salt, eggs, pumpkin puree and half and half to the pitcher of a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Pour the filling mixture into the pie shell.
- Transfer the pie to the oven and bake for 15 minutes. Do not open the oven door. Turn the heat to 350 degrees and continue to bake for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Turn off the oven and allow the pie to cool in the oven for 15-20 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and cool completely.
- Top with whipped cream, if desired. Serve immediately or refrigerate for up to 2 days.