Easy Gingerbread Baked Oatmeal Recipe
Baked Oatmeal is one of my favorite breakfasts for the winter months because you can make a big batch in advance to pick on all week making weekday breakfast a breeze. It’s also impressive enough to serve during your holiday breakfast or Brunch….and making it the night before helps keep your morning stress free. You can actually pop it in the oven to warm it through while you sit and sip a cup of coffee with your family. Or a mimosa. Whichever floats your holiday boat.
To make this Gingerbread Baked Oatmeal you just whisk together oats, baking powder, brown sugar, a whole bunch of spices and a pinch of salt in a bowl. Then, whisk together milk, eggs, molasses, vanilla and my favorite secret ingredient…..BALSAMIC VINEGAR. The vinegar is a trick I use in my Gingerbread cookies and everyone that tries them begs for the recipe. It’s the one thing that give them a unique tang that friends can never quite figure out what it is…..until I tell them. Then they’re absolutely blown away.
Moving on…..combine the wet and dry ingredients then transfer to a baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake and serve! How simple is that? And I topped mine with an easy-to-make drizzle of confectioners’ sugar, milk and vanilla just to give it another punch of sweetness. Just when you thought the holidays couldn’t be any sweeter….this Gingerbread Baked Oatmeal recipe comes along. It’s fantastic all on its own or served with a light fruit salad. And, while I recommend serving this warm from the oven, I have to confess that I may have even eaten it cold straight from the fridge in the middle of the day.
It’s also amazing as a late night snack…heated for 10 seconds in the microwave and served up with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or a dollop of whipped cream. How’s that for winning at the gingerbread game this season? And if you’re looking for other ways to get your gingerbread fill….you have GOT to try this Gingerbread Cheesecake or this quick and easy Gingerbread Coffee Cake!
Gingerbread Baked Oatmeal Recipe
Easy to make Baked Oatmeal with the flavors of gingerbread, add this to your holiday menu.
- 3 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1/2 cup 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- 3 large Eggland's Best eggs
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons half and half
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9-inch square dish with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, stir to combine the oats, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the milk, butter, eggs, molasses and vanilla. Stir into the dry ingredients until well blended.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar, half and half, and vanilla extract. Set aside.
- Pour the oatmeal mixture into the prepared dish. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until the oatmeal is set and golden brown.
- Drizzle the top of the oatmeal with the vanilla frosting.
- Serve immediately.
You can store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.