Easy Tomato Bruschetta
Easy Tomato Bruschetta is an easy to make, freshly flavored, and truly timeless appetizer. Made with juicy tomatoes, red onions, salty capers and more, this flavor packed finger food is ideal for serving before dinner to wake up everyone’s taste buds. It takes just a few minutes to make so it’s great as a last minute appetizer to whip up right before the party starts!
Easy Tomato Bruschetta
Make the best out of your end of summer veggies with this Easy Tomato Bruschetta! It highlights all of the flavors of summer in each bite… But have no fear, this Bruschetta recipe is delicious all year long. I don’t think I’ve ever turned down a piece of toasted crostini with freshly made Bruschetta on it! The fresh flavors of tomatoes, onions, capers, and basil is just too tempting to resist.
I especially love serving Tomato Bruschetta as a light appetizer before dinner or as a finger food during cocktail parties. It’s a timeless appetizer that you know just about every single person in attendance will enjoy. Plus, it’s meatless, so it also caters to any vegetarians that you may be serving! With all of that being said, I think one of my most favorite things about homemade Bruschetta is how well it pairs with all kinds of wine, beer, and cocktails!
It’s so very quick and easy to make homemade Tomato Bruschetta. It’s so easy and inexpensive, in fact, that you’ll wonder why you ever overpaid for it at a restaurant – especially when you can make it taste even better at home! When you make Bruschetta in the comfort of your own kitchen, you get to control exactly what goes into it. Craving more garlic? Measure with your heart! It’s your Bruschetta, so you get to make the rules.
How to Make Easy Tomato Bruschetta
Chop, toss, top, and enjoy. Homemade Bruschetta is delightfully SO easy to make right before a party!
Combine the key ingredients. In a small bowl, toss together the tomatoes, onion, capers, garlic, parsley, basil (if using) and olive oil.
Season. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Make it garlicky. Rub each slice of the crostini or toasted baguette with the garlic and arrange on a platter.
Assemble and serve. Top each crostini with a spoonful of the tomato mixture. Drizzle with olive oil and serve immediately.
Tips for the Best Tomato Bruschetta
- Avoid a soggy mess. Don’t top the crostini with the Bruschetta until you’re ready to serve it. Otherwise, the juices from the tomatoes will seep into the crostini and make it soggy, rather than nice and crispy.
- Make the best crostini. Not quite sure about your crostini? Learn How to Make Crostini right here on my site! I include plenty of tips and tricks for the best crunchy crostini.
- Use fresh ingredients. Make sure your tomatoes, basil, and onion are all nice and fresh. Think vibrant colors, fresh aromas, and no discoloration. Oh, and ALWAYS use fresh garlic over the pre-minced stuff, especially for recipes like this that really highlight the freshness of all of the ingredients.
How to Make Easy Tomato Bruschetta Ahead of Time
If you’re planning on making this Tomato Bruschetta in advance, make sure you don’t assemble it all! All you need to do is prepare the tomato mixture according to the directions and store it in an airtight container in the fridge. As soon as you’re ready to serve the Tomato Bruschetta, assemble it with the crostini, and enjoy!
The tomato mixture will stay fresh in the fridge for up to 24 hours prior to serving.
Enjoy all of the best freshly flavored appetizers at your next party!
- Shrimp Summer Rolls
- Homemade Pico de Gallo
- Sparkling Fruit Salad with Champagne Mimosa Dressing
- Tomato Mozzarella Caprese Salad
For more easy appetizer recipes, follow us on Instagram and Facebook!
Get the Recipe: Easy Tomato Bruschetta
- 1 pound plum tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed and drained
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley, optional
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil, optional
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Fresh ground pepper
- 12 slices crostini or sliced baguette, toasted or grilled
- 1 garlic clove cut in half
- Extra olive oil for drizzling, optional
- mixing bowl
- In a small bowl, toss together the tomatoes, onion, capers, garlic, parsley, basil (if using) and olive oil.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Rub each slice of the crostini or toasted baguette with the garlic and arrange on a platter.
- Top each crostini with a spoonful of the tomato mixture.
- Drizzle with olive oil and serve immediately.