Sparkling Fruit Salad with Champagne Mimosa Dressing
Eat with your eyes, then dig into this refreshing and light Sparkling Fruit Salad with Champagne Mimosa Dressing. The best berries, mango, pineapple, kiwi and mint are tossed together with a bubbly, citrusy dressing that’s good enough to drink! Brunch perfection!
Mimosa Fruit Salad
When you have a little one around, sometimes you watch things you probably wouldn’t watch otherwise. Like The Wiggles….those fun, peculiar men that dress in tight clothes and bounce around to songs that get stuck in your head all day long. Songs you find yourself humming to in the car instead of belting our Katy Perry or Taylor Swift. Songs like Fruit Salad. Fruit Salad….Yummy, Yummy. Fruit Salad…Let’s make some fruit salad today (Uh huh uh)
It’s fun to do it the healthy way (Uh huh uh)
Take all the fruit that you want to eat
It’s gonna be a fruit salad treat!
But in this case, our fruit salad treat is swimming in a champagne spiked dressing so we may be singing for more reasons than one.
This old fashioned fruit salad is spectacularly amazing, refreshing, healthy and light……and the best part, it’s drenched in a Champagne Mimosa Dressing that you could easily do shots with. If that’s how you roll at brunch.
How To Make It
This Mimosa Fruit Salad couldn’t be easier to make and it’s a feast for the eyes. Most of the time is spent cutting up your fruit, it’s best if everything is about the same size so try not to be lazy and leave gigantic chunks that barely fit into your mouth.
And if you’re feeling super lazy, here’s my tip….go to your grocery store and buy an already made fruit salad, whisk up the dressing which is just champagne, cointreau (or other orange liquor), orange juice and honey.
Dump it over the salad and voila…..you are a kitchen wizard!
Tips For The Best Fruit Salad
- Choose a variety of colorful fruit like berries, kiwi, mango and citrus.
- Fill it out for a crowd with melon since it’s relatively less expensive.
- But the fruit into pieces that are about the same size so guests don’t have to cut pieces smaller.
- Make ahead but not too far in advance. Fruit salad should be served within a few hours of making.
- Dress right before serving so the champagne is still sparkling and the bubbles haven’t completely subsided.
What To Serve It With
- The Very Best French Toast Recipe
- Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole with Sausage
- How To Make Eggs Benedict
- Authentic Belgian Waffle Recipe // Video
More Easy Brunch Recipes
This Sparkling Fruit Salad with Champagne Mimosa Dressing would be an excellent addition to an breakfast or brunch spread. Perfect when fruit is at it’s peak.
Round out your brunch spread with some Blueberry Mint Juleps, Smoked Salmon Canapes, and a light Strawberry Soup. And if you’re looking for more springy salad recipe be sure to try this easy Strawberry Spinach Salad or go savory with this Barbecue Chicken Cobb Salad!
Get the Recipe: Sparkling Fruit Salad with Champagne Mimosa Dressing
- 1 mango, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1/2 pineapple, peeled, cored and diced
- 11/2 cups sliced strawberries
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1 cup rasperries
- 3 kiwi, peeled and sliced
- 3 tablespoons fresh chopped mint
- 1 cup orange juice
- 3/4 cup champagne or sparkling wine, or sparkling grape juice if you are looking to omit the alcohol
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon cointreau, or other orange liquor, optional
- Place the mango, pineapple, strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, kiwi and mint in a large bowl.
- Carefully toss to combine being careful not to break up the berries. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the orange juice, champagne, honey and cointreau (if using) to combine.
- Right before serving, pour the dressing over the salad and toss gently to coat.
Store the dressing in the refrigerator and toss with the fruit right before serving. The alcohol will break down the fruit if tossed together in advance.