Flaky Parmesan Tilapia Recipe
A quick and easy dinner that’s fantastic for busy weeknights! Flaky Parmesan Tilapia is a great way to include more fish in your meals. Light, healthy and a hit with the kids, this one deserves a permanent place on the weekly meal planning rotation.
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Harmony Books. All opinions and statements are my own, as always.
Can you believe September is just about over? The month just flew by and my family’s schedule is just getting busier and busier by the day. I have a ton of travel coming up for a few events that you can follow along with on Instagram but in the meantime I’m trying to come up with some new menu items that are fresh, fast and easy for my family so I’m not pulling my hair out at dinnertime (and serving everyone pumpkin bread for dinner.) 🙂
So, I’ve been on the prowl for some healthy meal inspiration and….it was almost like the universe was trying to help a gal out because Trim Healthy Mama’s new cookbook arrived at my door and OMG is it packed to the gills with healthy dinner after healthy dinner. And I’m kind of picky when it comes to a healthy meal because I’m not a HUGE fan of salads as many of you already know AND I feel like a lot of “healthy” dinners are not really healthy at all. OR they totally lack in the flavor department. But the new cookbook, Trim Healthy Table is none of that. It’s everything I love….and more.
A little about the Trim Healthy Mamas….Serene Allison and Pearl Barrett have 18 children between them and their two families have been thriving on the Trim Healthy Mama plan for years. Trim Healthy Table contains all their best tips, tricks and encouragement for families, whether large or small. Serene and Pearl shamelessly share cunning ways to get picky eaters gobbling down veggies and other healthy foods they usually detest. You will learn how to painlessly use whole, unprocessed foods, including blood-sugar friendly carbs, fats, proteins, fruits and vegetables to create meals even the fussiest kids (and husbands) will love. You’ll also learn how one basic meal can make a whole family happy even with different nutritional needs. The quick and easy recipes include lots of one-pot dishes such as, skillet meals, slow cooker meals, electric pressure cooker meals, casserole and soups. With the recipes you can wake up to hearty breakfasts, prepare bars for on-the-go or try a creamy, quick-to-make smoothie, even Indulge yourself with the many trimming desserts…cake for breakfast is celebrated! And, if you’re simply looking for single serve 5 – 10 minute meals, the “Hangry Meal” chapter has you covered.
Since I’m desperately trying to incorporate more fish into my family’s meals I thought I’d try the Flaky Parmesan Tilapia and see what the critics thought. I don’t know why I don’t cook more fish or share the recipes here but it’s always a quick dinner to make and this tilapia recipe was no exception. It took me about 15 minutes from start to finish and the flavor profile was totally out of this world. The Flaky Parmesan Tilapia was a big hit here and definitely will be with your family, too! And if you’re worried about price, don’t….tilapia is totally inexpensive, I bought a family size package (8 fillets) for about $12. This one is on our rotation already.
Trim Healthy Table is available NOW and I’m ALSO giving one away to a lucky reader! All you have to do is enter below and be sure to follow Trim Healthy Mamas on Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter. They also have a YouTube channel with tons of healthy, family friendly fare so be sure to check that out, too!
Flaky Parmesan Tilapia
- 2 pounds tilapia or other thin whitefish fillets thawed if frozen
- 4 tablespoons 1/2 stick butter, melted
- Black pepper
- Red pepper flakes optional
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 heaping tablespoons greek yogurt
- 3/4 teaspoon dried dill
- Preheat the oven to a high broil.
- Rinse the fish and pat it dry. Place it in a single layer (no overlap) in an extra-large baking dish or 2 medium baking dishes. Pour the melted butter over the top and turn each fillet in the butter to coat well on both sides. Sprinkle lightly with black pepper and pepper flakes (if using).
- Combine the parmesan, mayonnaise, yogurt, and dill in a bowl and stir until a paste forms. Set aside.
- Put the fish on the second rack from the top of the oven and broil for 3 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, turn each piece over and smear with the parmesan paste to cover the top of the fish. Broil for another 4 to 5 minutes, until it’s bubbling and golden brown on the top and flaky in the middle.