Triple Berry Smoothie Breakfast Popsicles
Popsicles for breakfast….yes, you can! These easy Triple Berry Smoothie Breakfast Popsicles are a fantastic make ahead breakfast treat to start your busy day. Healthy, hearty and protein packed….kids absolutely LOVE them!
Happy Monday! It was a wild weekend for a lot of you if you live in Florida or areas south and my thoughts were with all of you in the hopes that Hurricane Irma would weaken with every passing second. I have a lot of friends who decided to hunker down and wait out the storm which would totally kill my nerves for sure if I were in the same situation. Images keep rolling in of my beloved St. John and stories of looting, armed robberies and utter chaos are souring the once peaceful island. It’s truly heartbreaking but I believe that tomorrow is a fresh start for everyone. Relief efforts will be underway and rebuilding can begin. Monday is always a new day and a fresh start. And it’s fitting that the forecast has Irma dying out on that very day. It’s definitely a different take on “having a case of the Mondays”….let’s just give this one a more positive spin.
I do always look to Monday as a fresh start….a way to kick off an even better week than the one before. It’s always the day “I’ll start eating a little healthier” and “working out a lot more.” And even if I fail miserably by Wednesday (or let’s be honest…Tuesday morning) I at least gave my Monday the best effort I possibly could. And that’s why I like to have a few healthy recipes at the ready to ensure that Monday has a fighting chance at a new beginning. These Triple Berry Smoothie Breakfast Popsicles are one of the recipes I keep in my Monday madness arsenal.
Packed with berries, yogurt and a wee bit of honey, these Triple Berry Smoothie Breakfast Popsicles couldn’t be an easier recipe to make. Simply puree frozen berries in the blender with a drip or two of honey then pour into a popsicle mold. Spoon a bit of vanilla yogurt over the top and swirl with a skewer or chopstick. Then, for added texture I sprinkle a bit of my favorite granola on top then insert a stick. Freeze until firm, then unmold and store in a resealable bag until ready to enjoy.
Triple Berry Smoothie Breakfast Popsicles are like a sweet treat for breakfast. Kids love them because they think they’re breaking some rules and eating dessert for breakfast! They make a fantastic after school snack, too. And since I like variety when I start my day I also load up on a stock pile of these Freezer Breakfast Sandwiches and THESE AMAZING Freezer Breakfast Burritos! And if you have time to whip up a smoothie in the morning….you definitely have to try this fantabulous Strawberry Cheesecake smoothie. It’s been a big hit on the blog for years now!
Get the Recipe: Triple Berry Smoothie Breakfast Popsicles
- 1 cup mixed frozen berries
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 1/2 cups low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 1/4 cup granola
- Add the berries and honey to the pitcher of a blender. Puree until smooth.
- Fill each well of a popsicle mold halfway with the smoothie mixture.
- Spoon the yogurt on top of the smoothie mixture until each mold is 1/4 inch from the top. Using a chopstick or skewer, swirl the yogurt into the smoothie mixture.
- Top each popsicle with a little granola and insert sticks into the center of each popsicle.
- Freeze for 3-4 hours or until firm.
- To remove the popsicles from the mold, briefly run the popsicle end (not the stick end) of the mold under hot water and gently pull the popsicle from the mold. Transfer to resealable bags and store in the freezer until ready to enjoy.