Homemade Cookie Ice Cream Sandwich
Cool off with a sweet treat you can make yourself in minutes! These easy Homemade Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches are so fun to make and you can customize them anyway you want. Made Scandal-lessly lighter with Open Nature® Scandal-less light ice cream.
We are at the end of a heat wave right now and I’m looking forward to a much needed cool front to bring in less humid air because it’s so hot right now….I’m sweating just looking outside the window. Ok, maybe not but I’m really very hesitant to go outside because the humidity just takes your breath away as soon as you open the door.
But since it’s nearly impossible to stay indoors during the summer because all the fun things happen outside, I like to whip up sweet treats to help us stay cool. And these Ice Cream Cookie Sandwiches are our go-to dessert when the temperatures are on the rise.
Keeping in mind we still have a few more months of bathing suit season (I just scheduled my pool closing for October 10th), I reach for my favorite light ice cream to make these easy ice cream sandwiches. Open Nature® Scandal-less light ice cream products help keep this cool treat on the less guilty side.
Open Nature Scandal-less light ice cream products have no artificial colors or flavors and feature clean ingredients. They’re available in the Philadelphia area exclusively at ACME Markets.
Not in the Philly area? You can also find Open Nature Scandal-less ice cream at all Albertsons Companies family of stores, including Albertsons, Safeway, Jewel-Osco, Vons, Pavilions, Randalls, Tom Thumb, Shaw’s, Star Market, Untied Supermarkets and Carrs/Safeway.
Open Nature Scandal-less ice cream is a guilt-free indulgence that’s low in calories, low in fat and contains more protein than regular ice cream. Each pint has between 240 and 370 calories, so you can accidentally devour the entire container without feeling bad at all!
So, to celebrate National Ice Cream Month (Did you know July is National Ice Cream MONTH??), you can make your very own Cookie Ice Cream Sandwich recipe using your favorite Open Nature Scandal-less ice cream. My favorite is Birthday Cake because you know my obsession with birthday cake and Funfetti flavored everything.
How to Make a Cookie Ice Cream Sandwich
This easy Ice Cream Sandwich recipe is so simple to customize using your favorite ice cream and cookies. If you don’t feel like baking because…..who wants to turn on the oven during a heat wave….you can find sooooo many freshly baked cookies in the bakery at your local ACME Markets, too!
Tips for making an ice cream sandwich:
- Be sure your ice cream is soft enough to scoop easily and to press between two cookies. But not melted, of course.
- Line a baking sheet with your favorite cookies flat side up.
- Place a hearty scoop of Open Nature Scandal-less ice cream in the center of each cookie.
- Top the ice cream with a second cookie flat side down and press gently to spread the ice cream to the edges of the cookie.
- Transfer the baking sheet to the freezer and freeze until firm.
- If coating with sprinkles or chocolate chips, gently press sprinkles onto the exposed parts of the ice cream to coat.
- Place the garnished ice cream sandwiches back on the baking sheet and return to the freezer until ready to serve.
Variations on Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches
Because there are so many flavors available of Open Nature Scandal-less light ice cream, it makes it so easy to mix up the flavors of your Homemade Cookie Ice Cream Sandwich recipe!
Here are a few of my favorites:
- Cookies and Cream with Brownie Cookies
- Birthday Cake with Candy Cookies and sprinkles
- Classic Chipwich Ice Cream Sandwich with chocolate chip cookies and chocolate chips
- Sugar Cookie and SeaSalt Caramel….add a drizzle of caramel sauce to be totally extra.
- Triple Chocolate Cookie with Chocolate Ice Cream….seriously….OMG. So good.
But with all the flavors available, the possibilities are limitless!
MORE EASY ICE CREAM TREATS
- Mudslide Pie….soooo good!
- Banana Split FOR ONE!
- Ricotta Ice Cream Cannoli
- Pumpkin Gingersnap Ice Cream Sandwich
And make sure you follow us over on Instagram because we’re sharing ALL OUR FAVORITE SUMMER TREATS all season long!
Get the Recipe: Homemade Cookie Ice Cream Sandwich
- 1 pint Open Nature Scandal-less Light Ice Cream
- 8 cookies
- sprinkles, chocolate chips, etc
- Arrange 4 cookies flat side up on a baking sheet.
- Place a hearty scoop of ice cream in the center of each cookie and top with the remaining cookies, flat side down. Press down lightly to help the ice cream spread evenly to the edges.
- Transfer the baking sheet with the cookie sandwiches to the freezer and freeze for 15-30 minutes.
- Remove the ice cream sandwiches from the freezer and press sprinkles, chocolate chips or chopped nuts onto the ice cream to garnish, if desired.
- Return the ice cream sandwiches to the freezer for 30 minutes or until ready to serve.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Open Nature®. The opinions and text are all mine.