Homemade Garlic Knots
Homemade garlic knots are the most delicious way to elevate your dinner! These doughy, buttery knots are so good, you won’t be able to have just one. Skip the frozen stuff tonight and pair these deliciously soft, garlicky knots with your favorite Italian cuisine.
Homemade Garlic Knots
Every time we order pizza, my kids beg me to order garlic knots, too. I cave every time! After all, they are just too good to pass up on. After ordering them so many times, though, I had to know. Could I make them even better at home?
The answer? Oh, YES! Pizza place garlic knots are obviously tasty, but they’re always so greasy and they never taste fresh. I tried buying a box of frozen ones at the grocery store, but they came out pretty stale. So, I took matters into my own hands and made the perfect recipe.
The best part? I only use 4 simple, inexpensive ingredients to make these bad boys. If your family is anything like mine, though, I recommend doubling up on the recipe! The first time I made these, they were gone in no time.
How To Make Garlic Knots
On top of only needing 4 simple ingredients, the steps to creating this recipe are also very easy to follow. In fact, this recipe from start to finish only takes me about 20 minutes!
If you’re making a big pasta or pizza dinner, this is an ideal side dish because it doesn’t take too much time. That way, you can focus your attention on whatever your entree is. So, pop open a bottle of your favorite vino and relax with this easy recipe!
I start with my homemade pizza dough recipe but you can also use your favorite store bough dough.
- Preheat the oven and prepare a baking sheet. Set the oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper, or coat it with a nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine the ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk together the butter, parmesan cheese, pizza seasoning and salt. Set aside.
- Prepare the dough. Divide the dough into 16 equal pieces. Try your best to be precise with this step, that way all of your garlic knots will be the same size. If some are bigger or smaller than others, they will not bake evenly.
- Roll the dough. Roll each individual piece into a 6 inch rope. Each rope should be about 1/2 inch thick. Then, tie them into knots. If you have little ones in the house, they’ll probably love helping out with this step! According to mine, it’s like Play-Doh.
- Brush the knots. After placing the knots of dough onto the prepared baking sheet, coat each one generously with the delicious butter mixture. Make sure not to use all of the butter, though! You’ll need some for when they’re done, too.
- Bake and serve! Bake the knots at 400 degrees for approximately 8-10 minutes, or until they’re a perfect golden brown color. Once they’re baked, cover them with the remaining butter mixture and serve immediately. Enjoy!
How should I serve them?
I live in a house of picky eaters, so it’s always important for me to provide options. While half of my family eats the garlic knots plain, the other half (including me) love to dip them in warm marinara sauce. I also recommend garnishing both the knots and the red sauce with freshly cut parsley. It really takes this side dish to a level that pizza places could never reach!
More Classic Italian Recipes
If you love garlic just as much as I do, you HAVE to check out my recipe for roasted garlic.
Need something to pair this garlicky side dish with? Try making spaghetti with my unbeatable easy meat sauce recipe. If you’re not a meat fan, I also have a mouthwatering homemade spaghetti sauce with no meat you’ll love.
A quick and easy classic, Pasta Pomodoro, is perfect with these easy rolls
And if you need the most delicious Italian dessert to wrap it all up, look no further than my pizzelle recipe. It’s a sweet treat that the whole family will love!
Get the Recipe: Homemade Garlic Knots Recipe
- 1 recipe for homemade pizza dough or your favorite store bought pizza dough
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 2 tablespoons Pizza Seasoning
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- baking sheet
- Preheat oven to 400˚ F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment or coat with nonstick spray.
- In a small bowl, whisk together butter, Parmesan, Pizza Seasoning and salt; set aside.
- Divide the dough into 16 equal pieces.
- Roll each piece into a 6-inch rope, about 1/2-inch thick, and tie into a knot.
- Place knots onto the baking sheet and brush each knot with half of the butter mixture.
- Place into oven and bake until golden brown, approximately 8-10 minutes.
- Brush with the remaining butter mixture and serve immediately.