Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
These Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies taste like they’re fresh from a bakery! Homemade peanut butter cookies are so soft, chewy and sweet and they’re speckled with the perfect amount of chocolate chips (or chunks). Perfect for Christmas cookie exchanges!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
This might just be my favorite cookie recipe because it combines my two favorite cookies! I’m a sucker for a good peanut butter cookie and I’m also obsessed with some classic chocolate chip cookies. So, why not enjoy both with this easy homemade peanut butter chocolate chip cookie recipe?! It really is the very best of both worlds!
While most peanut butter cookies are more on the chewy side, these cookies have more of that signature chocolate chip cookie texture. It’s definitely still chewy, but also has a softer middle and crunchy edges element to it. I love that it has that consistency and the perfect amount of chocolate chips, all while still having all of that peanut buttery goodness I’m craving.
Peanut butter chocolate chip cookies are great for all of your holiday needs! Leave them out for Santa Claus or bring them to your annual cookie exchange. With that being said, these cookies are fantastic all year round. Birthday parties, baby showers and more are all made a little sweeter with a batch of these homemade chocolate chip peanut butter cookies!
How to Make Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
These cookies taste like they’re from the bakery, and they’re so easy to make!
Prepare. Preheat the oven to 325°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Whisk the dry ingredients. Whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
Beat the wet ingredients. Beat together the peanut butter and butter until combined. Slowly add in the sugar and beat until light and creamy. Beat in the egg and vanilla. Stop and scrape as needed.
Make the cookie dough. Slowly ass the dry mixture into the wet and beat until combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
Scoop the dough. Use a cookie scoop to form the cookie dough balls. Place them on the prepared baking sheet about 2-3 inches apart so they don’t bake into each other.
Bake. Bake the cookies for about 13-15 minutes. Turn the baking sheet halfway through the bake time.
Tips and Variations to Try
Get the very best peanut butter chocolate chip cookies when you peruse the quick tips and tricks!
- Spoon the flour. This is a great rule of thumb with all baking! Spoon the flour into the measuring cup rather than dunking the flour straight into the bag. This way, you won’t pack the flour.
- Make sure your ingredients aren’t expired. Did you know that both baking powder and baking soda become less potent 6 months after they’ve been opened? Make sure everything you’re using is fresh!
- Choose your favorite chocolate. I like to use dark chocolate chunks in this cookie recipe! However, you can always feel free to use chocolate chips that are dark, milk, or semisweet. Whatever floats your boat!
- Let the butter adjust. Remember to leave the butter on the kitchen counter for at least 30 minutes before baking. Nothing’s worse than opening the fridge and realizing you forget to let the butter adjust to room temperature first!
Once they’ve fully cooled down, the cookies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for about 3-4 days.
These cookies are also freezer friendly! Save them in a freezer safe storage container or zip-top baggie for up to 3 months. A frozen cookie only needs an hour or less to thaw on the kitchen counter. Don’t forget to date and label your bag!
Bake more of my favorite easy cookie recipes!
- Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
- Peanut Butter Blossoms
- No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
- Peanut Butter Cookies
Get the Recipe: Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 stand mixer
- 1 baking sheet
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat together the peanut butter and butter on medium speed until thoroughly combined. Slowly add the sugar to the bowl and continue beating until light and creamy.
- Turn the mixer to low and add the egg to the bowl. Beat to combine. Add the vanilla and continue mixing until combined scraping down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula as needed.
- With the mixer on low, slowly add the flour to the the bowl and beat to combine. Continue mixing the dough for an additional 2-3 minutes. Fold in the chocolate chips
- Using a cookie scoop or tablespoon, drop 2 tablespoon scoops of dough onto the prepared baking sheet approximately 2-3 inches apart.
- Bake the cookies for approximately 13-15 minutes, turning the baking sheet halfway through cooking time. (For softer cookies baking for 13 minutes, crispier bake for 15). Repeat steps 6 and 7 with any remaining dough until all the cookies have been baked.