Easy Pan Roasted Cauliflower Steaks
Crazy easy Roasted Cauliflower Steaks with a savory seasoning that makes them absolutely addicting. A quick and simple weeknight dinner that’s so perfect for Meatless Monday!
Don’t worry, friends….I’m not going all vegetarian on you here. But after a week of indulging in burgers, dogs and bratwurst….my body is craving some food from the earth. Something light and natural but still totally tasty. And believe it or not…..these Easy Pan Roasted Cauliflower Steaks totally fit the bill.
I was totally skeptical when I would see Cauliflower Steak in the pages of my favorite cooking magazines and while scrolling through Pinterest. I mean, really, how can cauliflower substitute a steak. There’s no way it could taste even remotely like a steak.
But it seems I was missing the point, totally because even though I’m totally hooked on cauliflower steaks….they most definitely are not a replacement for my beloved Filet Mignon. Roasted Cauliflower Steaks are more of just another type of dinner that’s super easy to get on the table and just as flavorful as beef steaks.
The first time I made this Roasted Cauliflower Steak recipe, I wasn’t really all the hyped up about it. But just like this past week, I had gone on a weeklong junk food bender and needed something healthy for dinner. I reluctantly cut my cauliflower into thick slices and tossed it in the oven.
Something magical happened in that oven. My beautifully baked cauliflower steaks were tender, buttery and sooooo amazingly flavorful. They’ve been on repeat ever since. AND they’re a hit with the entire family….believe it or not. The little guy asked for seconds.
How to Make Roasted Cauliflower Steaks
Baking Cauliflower Steaks are incredibly easy to make. There’s just a few steps to follow before you pop them in the oven.
Here’s how to do it:
- Cut your cauliflower into slices or “steaks”.
- Arrange the cauliflower steaks on a baking sheet and set aside.
- Make the cauliflower steak marinade by whisking together olive oil, garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika, cumin, salt and pepper.
- Brush the cut sides of the cauliflower steak with the seasoned oil to coat.
- Bake your cauliflower steaks in a 425 degree oven for 10 minutes.
- Flip the cauliflower steaks and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes or until fork tender and golden brown.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve immediately.
How to Cut Cauliflower Steaks
Cutting cauliflower into steaks isn’t difficult but if you do it incorrectly the florets will not hold together and you won’t end up with steaks. Just cauliflower.
To ensure you have perfect cauliflower steaks, follow these easy tips:
- Using a sharp knife, cut off the inedible leaves and discard.
- Slice off the end of the stem and keep the core intact. This is what will hold the florets together.
- Place the cauliflower head on the cutting board stem side down and cut straight down through the center of the cauliflower so you have two halves.
- Cut each half into two steaks approximately 1 1/2 – 2 inch slices. (You should have four steaks depending on the size of your cauliflower head.)
- Save the florets that may have fallen off the core and toss them onto the baking sheet….they’ll be amazing, too.
This is such a great dinner for your vegetarian friends because these Cauliflower Steaks are vegan! I’m always at a loss to serve my vegan friends but this one is always a winner with them.
Sometimes I’ll even serve them with a sauce for topping like this easy Tzatziki Sauce or a summery Basil Pesto. Leftovers are wonderful in a salad with this Greek Vinaigrette or a bit of Blue Cheese dressing drizzled on top.
I also love to grate a bit of parmesan cheese over cauliflower steaks, too….but not for my vegan friends, of course.
What to Serve with Baked Cauliflower Steaks
My favorite side dishes to serve with Cauliflower Steaks are:
- This Mediterranean Chickpea Salad is on repeat right now and it’s the perfect side for cauliflower steaks!
- Easy steamed Artichokes that are ready in 15 minutes!
- Chili Spiced Guacamole Salad….light and refreshing.
- We LOVE this Italian Lentil Salad, too!
MORE CAULIFLOWER RECIPES
- Easy Baked Cauliflower Mac and Cheese
- How to Make Cauliflower Rice Three Ways
- Cauliflower Rice Tabbouleh
- Cheesy Cauliflower Bread Sticks
- Stir Fried Beef with Cauliflower Rice
And if you’re want to try firing up the grill….these GRILLED Cauliflower Steaks are really amazing!
Want to see what else we’re chopping, roasting and stuffing our faces with? Follow us over on Instagram!
Pan Roasted Cauliflower Steaks
- 2 heads cauliflower
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Using a sharp knive, remove the inedible leaves from the cauliflower and discard.
- Cut off part of the stem end of the cauliflower leaving the core intact.
- Place the stem end down on the cutting board and cut the cauliflower in half.
- Cut each half into two steaks approximately 1 1/2 - 2 inches in width.
- Arrange the cauliflower steaks on a sheet pan and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, cumin, salt and pepper.
- Using a pastry brush, coat the cut sides of the cauliflower steaks with the seasoned oil.
- Transfer the sheet pan to the oven and bake the cauliflower for 10 minutes.
- Flip the cauliflower over and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes or until fork tender and golden brown.
- Sprinkle with the parsley and serve immediately.