Honey Lime Shrimp
Honey Lime Shrimp are bursting with flavor, cooked to perfection, and SO easy to make! This summer, treat your family and friends to these sweet and tangy pan fried shrimp. It only takes about 20 minutes from start to finish to make these simple shrimp!
Honey Lime Shrimp
I don’t have any time for bland, rubbery, or lackluster shrimp this summer. I mean, I never really have time for all that – but especially not this summer, when I’m so excited to start making all of my favorite bright and vibrant recipes again! Honey Lime Shrimp are ideal for serving at summer gatherings of all sorts. Pool parties, block parties, beach house dinners, the works! Everything about them sings of summer.
What makes these shrimp so sunny isn’t just the fact that they’re seafood. While I do tend to make a good amount of seafood during the warmer months, what really makes these shrimp so summer ready is the bright combination of sweet honey and zesty lime juice! To really make the most out of this balance of flavors, make sure you use a good quality honey (local and organic is always best) and freshly squeezed lime juice.
There’s about a million different ways to cook up some shrimp, but I think pan fried has got to be one of the easiest, so that’s how these are made! They’re perfect for cooking up right before or even during a party, and even easier to make for a weeknight dinner with the family. Just toss them onto a preheated pan and cook on both sides until they’re ready to go, which takes an entire 5 minutes. Simple ingredients, easy to follow steps, and a quick cook time – it’s officially an easy recipe!
How to Make It
Make the marinade. Combine olive oil, honey, lime juice, minced garlic, salt, pepper, chili powder.
Marinate the shrimp. Add shrimp and toss all the ingredients to coat the shrimp. 3. Marinate for 15 minutes.
Cook the shrimp. Heat skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp and marinade. 5. Flip shrimp after about 2 minutes. Cook an additional 2-3 minutes until the shrimp are pink, curled and cooked through.
Enjoy! Garnish with parsley (optional) and serve immediately.
Here’s just a few of the best ways to enjoy Honey Lime Shrimp:
- Place them on top of a freshly tossed salad.
- Serve them with some Easy Cilantro Lime Rice.
- Enjoy them in a taco with some of your favorite toppings.
- Use toothpicks and serve them as an appetizer all by themselves.
Tips for the Best Honey Lime Shrimp
- Avoid under or overcooking your shrimp! Overcooking shrimp to a rubbery, tough consistency is too easy to do, so make sure you keep your eye on the pan. This is a quick moving recipe, so try not to look away for too long. Once the shrimp have curled and gone from clear to pink/opaque, they’re done!
- If you’re in a rush, you can toss them in the marinade and cook them immediately. However, they’re much more flavorful after 15 minutes of marinating.
- If you’d like to add some spice to the tangy and sweet flavor palate, toss in some cayenne powder or crushed red pepper flakes to the marinade. I find that the chili powder lends enough of a flavorful kick with all of the other ingredients, but I know that some people really like it hot!
- Use FRESH lime juice straight from the fruit, not the bottled stuff! The juice that comes in a little green bottle is full of artificial preservatives that take away from the fresh, natural flavor we’re aiming for here.
Want to make even more shrimp recipes this summer?
- Grilled Bacon Wrapped Shrimp with Romesco Sauce
- The Very Best Shrimp Ceviche
- Meyer Lemon Shrimp Scampi
- Shrimp Fajitas
Get the Recipe: Honey Lime Shrimp
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 limes, juiced (about 3 tablespoons)
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cracked black pepper
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped (optional)
- Combine olive oil, honey, lime juice, minced garlic, salt, pepper, chili powder.
- Add shrimp and toss all the ingredients to coat the shrimp. 3. Marinate for 15 minutes.
- Heat skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp and marinade. 5. Flip shrimp after about 2 minutes.
- Cook an additional 2-3 minutes until the shrimp are pink, curled and cooked through.
- Serve with parsley (optional).