Mac Mart’s Macarogies and Cheese Recipe
One of the best things I ever put in my mouth! This Easy Macarogies and Cheese recipe has a from scratch four cheese sauce that will blow your socks off. Then, it’s topped with MORE cheese, crumbled bacon and French fried onions for a flavor explosion in your mouth. The perfect weeknight dinner.
Disclaimer: This post is created in partnership with Mrs. T’s Pierogies. All opinions and statements are all mine, as always.
Hey guys!!! Happy Monday and guess what? It’s National Pierogy Day today and I couldn’t be more excited! I totally grew up eating pierogies nonstop like my whole entire life so when there’s a day dedicated to my favorite food I’m going all in. Normally, I’d whip up a batch from scratch but when time is short I turn to my freezer for a box of Mrs. T’s Pierogies.
But this weekend, I took a trip downtown to visit Mac Mart where they’re celebrating the 10th annual National Pierogy Day with these super amazing Macarogies and Cheese! OMG…..you have to get yourself to a Mac Mart stat because they’re simply incredible. Imagine your favorite macaroni and cheese sauce smothering a pile of cheese filled pierogies THEN topped off with caramelized onions, bacon, crispy fried onions and MORE CHEESE.
The special Mac Mart Macarogies and Cheese will be available to celebrate for the entire month of October but if you’re not lucky enough to have a Mac Mart near you I recreated the dish at home using the recipe below. It’s incredibly easy to do with Mrs. T’s Four Cheese Pierogies and I had dinner on the table in just 30 minutes.
To recreate the Macarogies and Cheese at home I used Mrs. T’s Four Cheese Pierogies. The cheese sauce was super quick and simple to make (and I had a ton leftover to drizzle on my scrambled eggs the next day!).
I always have Mrs. T’s Pierogies in my freezer for quick and easy weeknight dinners. These easy Szechuan Style Pierogies are always a hit and such a fun twist on the usual fried pierogies with buttery onions I usually make.
I can’t wait to try this Mini Minestroni Pierogy Soup! It seems like the perfect way to end a chilly fall day. And THESE Mini Pierogy Slider Kabobs are such a great way to kick off a tailgating party!
Looking for a few recipes to serve with your new favorite Easy Cheesy Pierogi with Four Cheese Sauce and Bacon:
- This wedge salad is always a hit and super simple to make.
- Stewed Tomatoes are fantastic with Mac and cheese! Or Easy Cheesy Pierogi.
- Or go even easier with these Simple Brown Butter Peas with Mint
Mrs. T’s and Mac Mart’s Macarogies & Cheese
Super easy Extra Cheesy Pierogi with Four Cheese Sauce is on the table in just 30 minutes.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 box Mrs. T’s Mini Four Cheese Medley Pierogies or Mini Cheddar Seasoned with Bacon
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose our
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
For the onions:
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large sweet onion, halved and thinly sliced
- cup shredded Cheddar cheese French-fried onions
- Cooked crumbled bacon
- In medium saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Whisk in our until mixture is thickened. Gradually beat in milk, stirring until mixture is smooth and comes to a boil. Remove from heat. Gradually whisk in Parmesan, Romano, mozzarella and Monterey jack cheeses*. Keep warm.
- In small skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter and oil. Add sliced onions. Cook about 10 minutes until onions are golden and caramelized, stirring occasionally. Remove onions from pan.
- In same skillet over medium heat, heat butter and oil. Sauté frozen pierogies until golden brown, turning once, about 8 minutes on each side.
- To serve, spoon pierogies into shallow serving dish. Top with cheese sauce, caramelized onions and shredded cheese. Sprinkle with French-fried onions and crumbled bacon.
*Substitute 1 cup prepared Four-Cheese Sauce, warmed, if desired.