Mediterranean Tuna Wrap
Heart-healthy and satisfying, this Mediterranean Tuna Wrap is loaded with good for you veggies, beans and protein. Rolled up in a multi-grain wrap, this is the best portable lunch on the planet.
Sandwiches are easy. So easy they get boring because you end up making the exact same thing every single day. And taking leftovers to work the very day after you just had them for dinner takes a little of the excitement out of your short mid-day break. Even working from home, I get caught in the same lunchtime rut even though I usually have already eaten a pint of frosting or a gallon of chocolate chips by 11 AM. You want something quick and easy but equally tasty. You want that sandwich to make you sing and dance down the cubicle aisles. I have that sandwich for you. 🙂
Well, you may not sing and dance down the cubical aisles, you may just do a butt dance in your office chair….but this Mediterranean Tuna Wrap is all that. It’s so full of fresh, zesty flavor it will make your mouth sing….involuntarily. I can’t be blamed if you start belting out All the Single Ladies at your desk. It’s not my fault. Control yourself now.
And guess what??? It’s easy to make. And you can even make the salad ahead of time, it’s better a few hours later or even the next day. Low-carb peeps….ditch the wrap and just pile some of the Mediterranean Tuna salad on a bed of lettuce, drizzle with the Roasted Garlic Aioli from the day before and be happy. You’re going to enjoy the best #notsaddesklunch in the world. Ok, maybe I exaggerated the whole time but this is really amazing. You can’t go wrong with tuna, marinated artichokes, sweet and spicy pepper, olives, spinach, beans….you’ll be able to lift your desk and heave it out the window if you want. 🙂
Or use that energy to go to the gym…..like I haven’t been….and come back to fill me in on how it was. I vaguely remember what the inside of a gym looks like these days but after I eat my Mediterranean Tuna Wrap for lunch today that will change. Maybe. Or, maybe, I’ll just bake a cake. Cake is awesome too.
Mediterranean Tuna Wrap
- 1-5 ounce can of yellowfin tuna packed in olive oil, drained
- 8 ounces canned cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 6 ounces marinated artichoke hearts, chopped (I used DeLallo)
- 6 ounces kalamata olives, sliced
- 6 ounces sweet and spicy cherry peppers, chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- kosher salt and fresh ground pepper
- 8 tablespoons roasted garlic aioli (See Monday's post)
- 4 multi-grain or whole wheat wraps
- Lettuce or spinach
- In a medium bowl, break up the tuna with a fork and toss together with the beans, artichokes, olives, peppers, basil, onion, olive oil and vinegar. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- (This recipe is for four wraps but you can just make one and store the remaining tuna salad in the refrigerator for up to 48 hours until ready to use.)
- Spread 2 tablespoons of the aioli on each of the wraps and top with a small amount of lettuce or spinach. Divide the tuna salad equally among each wrap and spread it out a little bit. Roll the wrap up and cut in half. Serve immediately or roll in plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator until your ready throw your desk out the window.