Pecan Brie and Brown Sugar Phyllo Bites
Ready in just minutes with only 4 ingredients, these Pecan Brie and Brown Sugar Phyllo Bites are hard not to pop in your mouth repeatedly. The perfect appetizer for last minutes guests.
I made these first in 2012 and since I’m weeding through some of my photos to get rid to of the ones that hurt your eyes….I stumbled on them. And remembered….they are incredibly addicting. And why wasn’t I making them every single day? I always have frozen phyllo shells in the freezer so I could, realistically, whip them up in a true snack emergency. One that requires lots of brie and sweet brown sugar with a nutty pecan nestled in there for good measure. You can make the phyllo shells youself by cutting out a circle of dough slightly larger than a mini muffin and baking them in mini muffin tins but I urge you to buy the premade shells in your market’s freezer section. It really will save you tons of time!
I made these Pecan Brie and Brown Sugar Phyllo Bites for Christmas Eve that year using what I had around the kitchen and they were amazing. I made my own shells that day but for today’s photos I bought the frozen shells and WOW were they perfect. Best part, they only took 25 minutes to make….including cook time! They’re perfect for any type of party all year long and would have been killer at this cocktail party with my easy goat cheese balls. Pair them with a and you have one killer spread. Then make it even more epic with these amazing Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms (that are currently blowing up on Pinterest at the moment) and end the night with a few Champagne and Strawberry Cupcakes that I shared on Facebook yesterday to truly ring in the New Year in style.
Nutty Brie and Fillo Bites
- Makes approximately 24
- 24 premade phyllo shells
- 1/2 pound brie chilled and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 24 whole pecans or other nut of your choice
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- On a baking sheet, arrange the fillo shells leaving a small space in between each. Add one cube of brie to each shell and top with 1/4 teaspoon brown sugar. Top each shell with one crumbled pecan (or other nut).
- Bake at 375 degrees for 18-20 minutes or until the cheese is bubbling and the sugar has melted. Serve immediately.