The Very Best Peanut Butter Blossoms
Sweet and salty combine to make one of the best Peanut Butter Blossoms. A childhood classic, soft and sweet peanut butter cookies are topped with a chocolate candy kiss for the ultimate sweet treat.
Peanut Butter Blossoms
Baking season just wouldn’t be complete without a little chocolate peanut butter mashup and these Peanut Butter Blossom cookies are a MUST have every season.
By now, I think everyone knows what a peanut butter blossom cookie is but for the people in the back it’s a soft peanut butter cookie with a chocolate kiss in the center. They’re sinfully delicious and a childhood favorite.
The shape and size of the cookie is how it got it’s “blossom” name.
How To Make Them
Also know as Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies, these easy Peanut Butter Blossoms come together so quickly. I used my very BEST Peanut Butter cookie recipe as the base since it’s already been tested 100’s of times.
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and kosher salt. Set aside.
- Beat together the peanut butter and butter until creamy.
- Add the brown sugar to the peanut butter mixture and continue beating until fluffy.
- Stir in the egg and vanilla.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the peanut butter mixture and stir to combine.
- Using a cookie scoop or tablespoons drop 2 tablespoons of dough onto a prepared baking sheet and bake for 13-15 minutes at 325 degrees.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and immediately press a chocolate kiss into the center of the cookie.
- Transfer the cookies to a cooling rack and cool completely.
How long will peanut butter blossom cookies stay fresh?
Stored in an airtight container, your Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies will stay fresh for up to 5 days at room temperature. They make a great lunchbox snack for the kids, too!
How To Freeze Them
Peanut Butter Blossoms can be frozen in an airtight container for up to 2 months but I love to freeze the dough in balls on a baking sheet.
Once frozen, I transfer them to a zip top bag so I can make a small batch of Peanut Butter Blossoms when needed.
This Peanut Butter Blossom Cookie recipe delivers up chewy peanut butter blossoms with a light and crispy exterior. The salty peanut butter and sweet chocolate kiss go so wonderfully together each bite reminds me of my own childhood story time.
They make a great addition to your holiday cookie tray but are wonderful all year long. And if you’re looking for more awesome and nostalgic cookie recipes be sure to check out this AMAZING Neiman Marcus Chocolate Chip Cookie. (You don’t even have to venture to the mall for this one.)
More Easy Cookie Recipes
These Gluten Free Peanut Butter Thumbprint Cookies are also sooooo good and you won’t even miss the flour. They’re super easy and totally freezer friendly.
My favorite Gooey Butter Cookies are just like that famous cake but this recipe is made from scratch and totally over the top easy!
Get the Recipe: The Very Best Peanut Butter Blossoms
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 36 Chocolate Kiss Candies, unwrapped
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat together the peanut butter and butter on medium speed until thoroughly combined. Slowly add the sugar to the bowl and continue beating until light and creamy.
- Turn the mixer to low and add the egg to the bowl. Beat to combine. Add the vanilla and continue mixing until combined scraping down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula as needed.
- With the mixer on low, slowly add the flour to the the bowl and beat to combine. Continue mixing the dough for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Using a cookie scoop or tablespoon, drop 2 tablespoon scoops of dough onto the prepared baking sheet approximately 2-3 inches apart.
- Bake the cookies for approximately 13-15 minutes, turning the baking sheet halfway through cooking time. (For softer cookies baking for 13 minutes, crispier bake for 15). Repeat steps 6 and 7 with any remaining dough until all the cookies have been baked.
- Immediately gently press on Chocolate Kiss into the middle of each cookie.
- Transfer the cookies to a baking sheet to cool completely.