Roasted Pumpkin Hummus
In just under thirty minutes of easy preparation, you can have this irresistibly smooth and delicious Roasted Pumpkin Hummus on your table! This fall staple is perfect for friendly gatherings, or just to snack on while you watch your favorite Halloween movies. So grab your Crostini and get ready to dive into this autumnal delight!
Roasted Pumpkin Hummus
It’s fall, y’all! I can’t lie when I say that this is absolutely one of my favorite times of the year. The kids are all back to school, the leaves are falling, and the chill winter winds are slowly rolling in.
If you happen to live in an area where it’s still balmy and summery, that’s okay – this roasted pumpkin hummus is one of those classic recipes that will ignite that cozy fall feeling within you, no matter what the temperature is outside.
Sometimes, flavored hummuses are more chickpea flavor than anything else. It can be difficult to balance the flavor, but I guarantee that if you follow this recipe correctly, you’re going to get that bold pumpkin flavor in each bite!
This hummus is rich with roasted pumpkin flavor, and while the hint of chickpea is still present and delightful, the chickpeas are really just here to provide the smooth hummus texture. It’s the perfect combination of ingredients!
I usually make this roasted pumpkin hummus multiple times from August throughout November. Whether it’s served as an appetizer or snack, no one can ever seem to get enough! Fall foods are always a big hit, honestly. I’ve always loved the comforting feeling that pumpkin-centered recipes bring people, and this hummus is certainly a cozy fixture in my fall season.
Much like my Homemade Hummus, this is one perfect snack you’ll find on repeat.
So whether you’re curled up on the couch watching Hocus Pocus or enjoying a fall gathering with friends and family, be sure to have this pumpkin hummus present!
How to Make It
Roast the pumpkin. Place the pumpkin chunks on a large baking tray, drizzle with olive oil and lightly season with salt and pepper. Bake at 425°F for 15-20 minutes until soft and slightly golden brown.
Blend. Place the pumpkin in a large bowl and using an immersion blender puree the chunks until smooth. For really smooth consistency, a food processor is the best to use here.
Add more ingredients. Add drained chickpeas, curry paste, salt and pepper, garlic powder. Blend again until creamy and set aside to cool.
Serve, and enjoy! Served chilled with your favorite garnishes, herbs, pita bread, crackers, vegetable sticks such as carrots, cucumbers, celery and etc.
You can make this hummus recipe even easier if you have some of my homemade pumpkin puree on hand.
Can I omit the garlic powder?
I find that the garlic compliments the chickpeas and pumpkin perfectly! You get just the slightest hint of garlic in the flavor without it being overpowering – it’s pretty delightful. With that being said, if you’re a big garlic fanatic, you can definitely increase the amount of powder by another 2 tsp. I wouldn’t do more than that, though, as you don’t want the garlic flavor to be too much and overpower the pumpkin.
How long should I roast the pumpkin?
The pumpkin roasting time is about 15-20 minutes. That time frame is enough for the pumpkin to soften enough so that it blends into a smooth consistency. If you want a more roasted element to the hummus though, you can feel free to roast it for another 10 minutes until charred for that deeper flavor. Either way, it’ll surely be delicious!
How long will roasted pumpkin hummus stay fresh?
In an airtight container in the refrigerator, this fall-inspired hummus will stay wonderfully fresh for about 3-4 days. You can make it the day ahead of a party and it’ll be SO good, especially within that first 24 hour time frame! I also like to keep this stuff in my fridge for a few days so I can enjoy it as a midday snack throughout my weekdays. Nothing makes me feel more cozy than this satisfying hummus snack on a Wednesday afternoon!
Dreaming of pumpkin patches? I know just the trick!
- Pumpkin Crunch Cake
- Slow Cooker Pumpkin Puree
- Sparkling Spiced Pumpkin Punch
- Mini Pumpkin Cheesecakes with Praline Topping
For more easy and healthy snack recipes, follow us on Instagram and Facebook!
Get the Recipe: Roasted Pumpkin Hummus
- 3 cup pumpkin of choice, medium chunks
- 1 ½ tsp red curry paste, thai
- 1 ½ cup chickpea, 1 x 15 oz can, liquid drained
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil for roasting + more if for drizzle on top of final dish, optional
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Garnish options: I used dried parsley, chili flakes. Other favorites include: sea salt flakes, sesame seeds, chickpeas (canned or roasted), pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, black coarse pepper.
- food processor or blender
- Place the pumpkin chunks on a large baking tray, drizzle with olive oil and lightly season with salt and pepper. Bake at 425 F for 15-20 minutes until soft and slightly golden brown.
- Place the pumpkin in a large bowl and using an immersion blender puree the chunks until smooth. For really smooth consistency, a food processor is the best to us here.
- Add drained chickpeas, curry paste, salt and pepper, garlic powder. Blend again until creamy and set aside to cool.
- Served chilled with your favorite garnishes, herbs, pita bread, crackers, vegetable sticks such as carrots, cucumbers, celery and etc.
- Garlic powder is optional but does give a nice flavor, if you like the taste feel free to increase to 2 tsp.
- The pumpkin roasting time is about 15-20 minutes, it is enough for the pumpkin to soften. But feel free to roast another 10 minutes until charred for more deeper flavor.