Sparkling Spiced Pumpkin Punch Recipe
Take the edge off the family drama this year by making a big batch of Sparkling Spiced Pumpkin Punch to serve all day long. The easy Champagne Punch recipe is great for a crowd and is filled with all the flavors of fall. Simple and so festive!
This post was created in partnership with Williams-Sonoma. All opinions and statements are my own, as always.
Sparkling Spiced Pumpkin Punch
Can you believe that Thanksgiving is just a few weeks away? I feel like once Halloween is over the rest of the year kind of steamrolls itself at an unnatural speed. If you don’t stop to enjoy the little things you’re going to miss out on all the festivities. And family drama does not help. What is it about the holidays that brings out the weirdness in people? And WHY is the election firmly planted right before the best holidays of the year? Answer me that?
Anyway, drinks are always helpful to ease the tensions that may be heightened during the holidays…..or maybe not but I know I like to have fun cocktails at the ready for guests like this Sparkling Spiced Pumpkin Punch. I served it at our Halloween party this year (I may have been heavy handed with the cinnamon…sorry, friends!) AND we TAPED it for a Sunday news segment in a few weeks. It’s THAT good!
And it looks especially lovely in my new Pumpkin Punch Bowl from Williams-Sonoma with matching Pumpkin Glasses. This punch bowl is made of glass with a gold stem handle and has a realistic pumpkin shape complete with ridges. It’s gold rimmed glasses are fun and whimsical making this set fantastic for all your fall beverage concoctions! It would be especially fun for kids drinks, too.
How do you make Sparkling Spiced Pumpkin Punch?
This easy pumpkin punch recipe comes together in a snap. The base can be made in advance and then topped off with chilled champagne right before serving.
- Whisk together the pumpkin, cinnamon, apple cider and orange juice to combine.
- Transfer the pumpkin mixture to the refrigerator to chill, if necessary.
- Place the pumpkin mixture in the pumpkin punch bowl or other large serving bowl and top with the champagne or sparkling wine.
- Garnish with sliced oranges, apples, cinnamon sticks and star anise, if desired.
That’s it, so easy and so tasty! You can use either champagne or a sparkling wine if you like. To make a non-alcoholic punch recipe, simply substitute the champagne with sparkling cider or sparkling white grape juice.
Sparkling Spiced Pumpkin Punch makes a great Thanksgiving or Christmas punch recipe because you won’t spend hours at a bar or counter mixing drinks for your guests. They can, literally, just serve themselves and YOU can enjoy your party, too!
Is Champagne and Sparkling Wine the same thing?
Yes, and no. All champagne is sparkling wine but not all sparkling wine is Champagne. Champagne can only be called champagne if it comes from the Champagne region in France……and only if it is, in fact, sparkling. Sparkling wine can be from any region but can only be called sparkling if it contains bubbles. (Aren’t bubbles the best!?!?)
Most Champagne and Sparkling wines are made from a blend of three types of grapes: chardonnay, pinot noir, and pinot meunier. Prosecco is a sparkling wine from Italy which is made from the prosecco or glera grape. Any of these wines will work in a champagne punch recipe.
What ingredients are in Pumpkin Punch?
All of the ingredients in this Sparkling Spiced Pumpkin Punch recipe are easy to find and you, most likely, have them on hand right now.
Here are the ingredients needed for Spiced Pumpkin Punch:
- Canned pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- orange juice
- apple cider
- spiced rum
- champagne or sparkling wine
- sliced oranges, apples, cinnamon sticks and star anise, if desired
What appetizers can you serve with a champagne punch?
When I’m throwing a party, I like to keep things simple so I can enjoy myself at the party, too. Make ahead appetizer recipes are always on the menu, as are, simple to throw together nibbles like an epic cheese board or quick dip. Here are some of my favorite small bite recipes:
- Smoked Salmon Canapes are the ultimate brunch starter!
- Cranberry Brie Puff Pastry Bites are a freezer friendly treat for last minute parties.
- Super easy Crab Dip is always a hit.
- Better than the original…Garlic Roasted Shrimp Cocktail FTW!
- Pecan Brie and Phyllo Bites are the easiest thing ever.
More Fall Cocktail Recipes
- Sparkling Apple Cider Sangria is always a hit!
- Like dessert….Easy Mimosa Floats!
- Shirley Temples for the littles.
- Easy Blender Eggnog.….made….in the blender. Duh.
- Sparkling Cranberry Paloma for a festive twist on the classic
- Apple Cider Gin Fizzes are my favorite!
Get the Recipe: Sparkling Spiced Pumpkin Punch Recipe
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 4 cups apple cider
- 2 cups orange juice
- 1 cup spiced rum
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 bottles well chilled champagne or sparkling wine (.75 liters each)
- sliced oranges, apples, cranberries, cinnamon sticks, star anise for garnish, if desired.
- In a punch bowl, whisk together the pumpkin puree, apple cider, orange juice, rum and cinnamon until well combined and the pumpkin has dissolved.
- Pour the champagne into the punch bowl and stir briefly.
- Garnish the punch with cranberries, sliced oranges, apples, cinnamon sticks and star anise, if desired.
- Serve immediately.