Skillet Brussels Sprouts with Apples, Pecans and Pomegranate
An easy one-pot side dish excellent for entertaining. Sauteed brussels sprouts and apples are cooked until golden and topped with crunchy pecans and pomegranate seeds. Beautifully festive and a healthy alternative to other calorie laden sides.
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Lunchbox. This site will receive compensation for the article, however, my opinions and comments are my own.
I used to become ridiculously scattered anytime I had to plan a holiday meal. I’m not a good planner, I wish I had that “Type A” personality but I’m more of a loose cannon when it comes to meal planning. I want to make everything I see in every cooking magazine and don’t make my final decision until about a day before the guests arrive. If that. That’s when a little help and inspiration are always welcome.
If you’re familiar with BJ’s Wholesale Club than you already know they’re a one-stop shop for your holiday meal planning. But did you know they now have the rel=”nofollow”BJ’s Cooking Club online for their members? If you haven’t checked it out yet, now’s the time. They have a lot of easy recipes to help you host a stress-free holiday meal and without spending hours in the kitchen. Everything from breakfast to dessert…and everything in between. Even suggestions for your leftovers! I even found a super easy, ridiculously healthy Sauteed Brussels Sprouts recipe that I made in minutes. I added a few more things just to brighten it up and make it perfect for a vegetarian guest…if you have one. It’s seriously amazing and the fact that it’s low in fat and calories means you can eat more pie or cookies later!
To keep the calories in check, you sauté the sprouts and onions in I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter….a favorite here at the Soapbox when we’re on the healthy eating wagon. Once they begin to soften you add the garlic and apples. We’re going to brighten up the flavors with some nutmeg, apple cider vinegar and honey and then stir in the pecans. Turn off the heat…top with the pom seeds and serve. See how easy that was? Minutes, my friends.
BJ’s Wholesale Club has over 200 locations in 15 states (CT, DE, FL, GA, MA, MD, ME, NC, NH, NJ, NY, OH, PA, RI, VA.) So….what are you doing this weekend? Will I see you at BJ’s? I bet I will….I’ll be by the desserts. 🙂 And don’t forget to check out BJ’s Cooking Club for your holiday recipe inspiration.
- 3 tablespoons I Can't Believe It's Not Butter spread
- 1 pound brussels sprouts halved lengthwise
- 1 medium vidalia onion chopped
- 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 gala apple cored and chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- Melt the butter spread in a skillet over med-high heat. Add the brussels sprouts, onions and salt. Sauté until golden, stirring occasionally, and cook until the sprouts begin to turn golden brown. Stir in the apple and garlic, reduce the heat and cook until tender, approximately 10 minutes.
- Stir in the nutmeg, vinegar, honey and pecans and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes. Remove from the heat and top with the pomegranate seeds. Serve immediately.