Slow Cooker Baked Spaghetti
Slow Cooker Baked Spaghetti is easy weeknight dinner of your dreams! Tender spaghetti pasta is slowly baked to perfection with seasoned ground beef, garlic, onions and more, and topped with three different cheeses. It’s a hearty comfort dinner that even the pickiest of eaters will love!
Slow Cooker Baked Spaghetti
Crockpot dinners are always a win in my book! I’m pretty sure I use my Crockpot to make dinner at least once a week, if not more. It’s just so easy to plug it in and let it do all of the work! With this spaghetti recipe, you will have to cook the seasoned ground beef first, but then it’s all the slow cooker’s labor after that. Set and forget, baby!
On those nights when you know you need a little extra comfort, this is the dinner recipe for you. It’s easy to make, and it’s already ready for you after a long day! This easy baked spaghetti recipe is the best, since the Crockpot slowly infuses all of the flavors together, too. For the absolute best flavor, make sure you use my favorite Homemade Spaghetti Sauce!
And if you really want to make this Crockpot dinner the best it can be, consider making some quick and easy Homemade Ricotta Cheese. You can keep all of the ingredients store-bought to save time, of course, but the homemade touches really send it above and beyond! No matter how you make this baked spaghetti recipe, you’re going to LOVE the way it turns out – so will the rest of your family, too!
How to Make It
Cheesy, decadent, and hearty spaghetti with beef is “baked” in the Crockpot over the span of 6 hours until it’s flavorful and ready to eat. This is an easy family favorite dinner you do not want to miss out on!
Prepare the skillet. Add the vegetable oil to a large skillet and add heat to medium high.
Cook the beef. Add the ground beef, worcestershire sauce, seasoning salt and Onion and cook until meat has browned and there is no longer any pink and the onions are translucent.
Toss in more ingredients. Add the minced garlic and cook another 2 minutes until fragrant. Add the pasta sauce, diced chilies and tomatoes, water, oregano, thyme, basil and brown sugar and heat through stirring well.
Place it in the Crockpot. Transfer everything to a 7qt slow cooker.
Add the noodles. Break the noodles into thirds and add to the slow cooker. Stir into the sauce to combine and distribute.
Make it cheesy! Spoon the ricotta and cream cheese over the top evenly then sprinkle the Italian cheese blend over the top.
Cook. Turn the Crockpot setting to low and cook for 6 hours.
Storing Slow Cooker Baked Spaghetti
Once the baked spaghetti has cooled completely, store in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
It also freezes very well! Store your cooled leftover baked spaghetti in an airtight, freezer safe container in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Variations to Try
- Add a spicy kick to the pasta by sprinkling in some crushed red pepper flakes to the beef while it cooks.
- Ground beef is my favorite meat to use in this recipe, but ground turkey, chicken, pork, or even a plant-based alternative will all work.
- Classic spaghetti noodles are my go-to for this easy recipe. However, you can really use any pasta of your choice!
- Yellow onions are the best to toss into this recipe because of their natural sweetness, but white onions will also do the trick.
Keep that Crockpot plugged in! Here are just a few more of my favorite slow cooker dinner recipes.
- Crockpot Baked Ziti
- Red Wine Braised Crockpot Short Ribs
- Crockpot Butter Chicken
- Slow Cooker Beef Stew with Ale
Get the Recipe: SLOW COOKER BAKED SPAGHETTI
- 2 Teaspoons Vegetable Oil
- 1 lb Ground Beef, or favorite ground meat
- 1 Tablespoon seasoning salt
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 Cup Yellow Onion, diced
- 4 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 32 oz Marinara Sauce
- 1 10.5oz Can diced chilies and tomatoes
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 Teaspoon Oregano, dried
- 1 Teaspoon Thyme, dried
- ½ Teaspoon Basil, dried
- 1 Teaspoon Brown Sugar
- 8 oz Spaghetti Noodles
- 1 Cup Italian Cheese Mix
- 1 Cup Ricotta Cheese
- ½ Cup Cream Cheese
- slow cooker
- Add the vegetable oil to a large skillet and add heat to medium high.
- Add the ground beef, worcestershire sauce, season all and Onion and cook until meat has browned and there is no longer any pink and the onions are translucent.
- Add the minced garlic and cook another 2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add the pasta sauce, diced chilies and tomatoes, water, oregano, thyme, basil and brown sugar and heat through stirring well.
- Transfer to a 7qt Slow Cooker.
- Break the noodles into thirds and add to the slow cooker. Stir into the sauce to combine and distribute.
- Spoon the ricotta and cream cheese over the top evenly then sprinkle the Italian Cheese blend over the top.
- Turn on to low and cook for 6 hours.