Grilled Steak Kabobs
No marinading required! Grilled Steak Kabobs with Mushrooms and Blue Cheese Sauce are the quick and easy weeknight dinner your family will love. Simple to prepare and on the table in less than 20 minutes, we love these for entertaining, too!
Grilled Steak Kabobs
Summer is almost here and that means more reasons to fire up that grill! My most favorite thing about grilling when the weather is warmer is there are almost no dishes to do and the kitchen is usually much less messy.
My second favorite thing about grilling is more food on sticks! Like these easy Grilled Steak Kabobs served up with mushrooms and a tangy blue cheese sauce for dipping, they’re simple and amazing.
Served up alongside a crisp Wedge Salad and some grilled potatoes, these easy shish kabobs are ready in a flash. It’s the ultimate weeknight dinner especially when you plate them on some disposable plates….so, really, no dishes to wash!
How To Make Them
Generally, grilled meats need some sort of steak marinade but these easy steak kabobs can be grilled up without the prep work. I mean, sure, you can definitely go the extra mile and give them a little soak in our favorite steak marinade but if time is at a premium, they’re amazing without doing the extra step.
Soak the skewers for 20 minutes.
Preheat the grill.
Cut the steak into bite sized pieces
Thread the steak, mushrooms and onions on the skewer.
Whisk the olive oil, garlic powder, salt and pepper together.
Brush the oil mixture on each kabob.
Grill the steak kabobs for 3 minutes and flip. Grill for an additional 3 minutes until desired degree of doneness.
Transfer to a platter and rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Serve with the blue cheese dressing for dipping!
What Cut of Beef To Use
Sirloin Steak is pretty lean, yet flavorful and, cut across the grain, it remains tender without much marinating. They’re very much like a beef tenderloin but without the price tag.
What To Serve Them With
- Basil Parmesan Grilled Corn on the Cob
- Old Fashioned Potato Salad with Egg and Dill
- Amish Macaroni Salad Recipe
- Zesty Italian Pasta Salad
More Easy Grilling Recipes
- Grilled Teriyaki Chicken Kabobs
- Grilled Chili Lime Chicken Kabobs with Mango Salsa
- Grilled Beer Brats
- Grilled Ribeye Steak with Garlic Butter Sauce
For more summer recipe ideas, follow us on Instagram and Facebook!
Get the Recipe: Grilled Steak and Mushroom Kabobs with Blue Cheese Sauce
- 2 pounds sirloin steak, cut into bite sized cubes
- 8 ounces button mushrooms, wiped clean
- 1 red onion, cut into bite sized chunks
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup Blue Cheese Dressing
- Preheat grill.
- Soak 8 12-inch wooden skewers in water for 30 minutes.
- Thred a piece of steak onto a skewer. Add one mushroom and a piece of onion. Repeat until skewer is full.
- Repeat with remaining skewers.
- Whisk together the olive oil, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Brush each kabob with the basting oil.
- Place the kabobs on the grill and cook for 3-4 minutes. Turn each kabob over and continue cooking for an additional 3-4 minutes or until desired degree of doneness.
- Transfer the kabobs to a serving platter and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- Serve immediately with the blue cheese dressing.
2 Comments on “Grilled Steak Kabobs”
Not fond of blue cheese dressing. What is a great substitute?
You can use ranch or just steak sauce is great, too!