Snickers Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SweetenTheSpread #CollectiveBias
Rich, chocolatey cupcakes are topped with a creamy, light peanut butter frosting and decorated with a Snickers “football” for the ultimate game day dessert. Snickers Cupcakes are simple to make and a festive addition to your epic Super Bowl party!
Did I ever mention that I only watch football for the food? And if I happen to host a Super Bowl party…it’s really just for my commercial viewing pleasure? I think I did…mention that small fact, a few times actually. But it’s true….as much as I try to enjoy the game and boast about my knowledge about everything football (I know quite a bit…I was a cheerleader, after all) I just can’t seem to get into it. MAYBE if our local team made it a bit further than they do every single year…..just maybe I may be get swept up in the hype. But, this year…it’s just not meant to be.
So, I’m throwing a Super Bowl party anyway….because food is yummy and sharing it with friends is awesome. I like to keep things pretty simple with easy dips and slow cooker chili but you can put your own epic twist on dishes that are easy to prepare. Like these Target Brand Market Pantry Chicken Sliders turned into Buffalo Chicken Sliders with just a bit of wing sauce and blue cheese. And don’t forget about making the table a little fun….I like to take a green tablecloth and create a football field with the teams “Sweet” and “Spicy” using white duck tape and scrapbooking stickers. It just makes your table setting a bit more festive and even if your team loses…..Sweets are always a winner in my book. 🙂
That’s where this ridiculously amazing Snickers Cupcake comes into play! So easy to make, you just decorate a mini Snickers bar like a football by piping melted white chocolate laces on top. It’s the perfect addition to your game day spread! And they taste amazing with all the flavors of a Snickers bar packed right in! It’s fitting too because Snickers is an Official Sponsor of Super Bowl 50! I even made things simple by baking a cupcake with my favorite boxed cake mix. Then I topped them with a light and creamy peanut butter frosting that is completely over the top amazing. Drizzle with a little caramel sauce and you’re ready to party.
For the Spicy team, create a chili bar with this slow cooker chili by setting out several topping options such as shredded cheese, sour cream, chopped cilantro, sliced jalapeños and crushed tortilla chips. That ensures there’s a little something for everyone. Round out your buffet table with colorful candies like Skittles, Starburst and M&M’s! I purchased EVERYTHING I needed to host my party at my local Target so be sure to check out TargetYourSweetTooth.com for more ideas. AND check out the Target Cartwheel Collection offer for all your game day snacks! So, what’s your favorite thing about game day???
- 1 16.5 ounce box of cake mix and ingredients to bake cake according to package directions
- 6 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter not natural peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners sugar plus more, if needed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup caramel sauce
- 24 mini Snickers package removed
- 6 ounces white chocolate
- Bake the cupcakes according to package directions. Allow to cool completely.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the butter and peanut butter until smooth. Slowly add the confectioners sugar and continue mixing until smooth. Add the vanilla and heavy cream. Stir until incorporated. Turn the mixer to high and beat the frosting until light and fluffy. Allow to sit for 1 hour before frosting your cupcakes.
- To frost, fill a piping bag fitted with your favorite tip with the frosting and pipe onto the cupcakes. Drizzle the frosted cupcakes with caramel sauce and set aside.
- Melt the white chocolate in the microwave at 30 second increments until melted and smooth. Pour the chocolate into a zip top bag and snip off a TINY corner. Pipe the strings onto the Snickers and allow the chocolate to set. Place the Snickers on top of each cupcake and serve.