Spinach Blue Cheese and Chickpea Pasta Salad Stuffed Tomatoes
Light and healthy, Spinach Blue Cheese and Chickpea Pasta Salad Stuffed Tomatoes are stunning and delectable. A great dish to serve when hosting a lunch or playdate, kids will love it too!
I’ve been eating all the things lately. You know…ALL the things. Pizza, hot dogs topped with NY Style Onions, cannoli, ice cream filled cannoli…the list is long. And I’ve switched to wearing flowing sundresses….not because of the heat but because they hide ALL the things. 🙂 So, I thought something light was in order. But I still like my carbs because carbs are king in my world. I know there are many different types of pastas so I searched for one that would add a little extra to my dish in the way of nutrients and healthfulness. My son is a lover of all veggies but not all kids like them and in this case, I was about to host a little playdate and lunch was on the agenda. I was thinking pasta salad stuffed tomatoes just to get a little fancy pants.
I needed something that both mom and kids, alike, would enjoy without weighing us down. That’s when I found Ronzoni Garden Delight pasta as my local Walmart. Ronzoni Garden Delight pasta is pretty spectacular! Each 4 ounce portion contains 1 serving of vegetables….so, moms of veggie haters….this is the pasta for you. The pasta tastes just like traditional pasta and is easy to prepare. You can find Ronzoni Garden Delight pasta here. It was perfect for my Spinach Blue Cheese and Chickpea Pasta Salad Stuffed Tomatoes!
I made an elegant salad that’s great for entertaining but also makes a wonderful lunch option for your “not sad desk lunch.” It’s simple and fresh and loaded with veggies in addition to the veggies already in the pasta itself. My kids love this salad and it doesn’t last long in our house at all. If your kids (or adults) aren’t fans of the blue cheese, you certainly can replace it with cheddar or leave it out altogether. I served the salad in hollowed out tomatoes to increase our vegetable intake and to glam up the plates a bit. The kids just devoured theirs out of bowls.
This Spinach Blue Cheese and Chickpea Pasta Salad Stuffed Tomatoes would also make a great 4th of July option for your vegetarian friends. Or you can serve the pasta salad as a flavorful side dish at your cookout. Either way, it’s a cost effective way to feed a crowd or your family on a busy weeknight. And there are “2 ways to save!”
- $1.00 coupon off any two Garden Delight items in most newspapers on 6/28/15 (while supplies last)
- $0.55 off in store coupon at Walmart starting 6/22/15. Offer expires 8/2/15 (while supplies last)
Get the Recipe: Spinach Blue Cheese and Chickpea Pasta Salad Stuffed Tomatoes
- 12 ounce package Ronzoni Garden Delight pasta
- 2 cups canned chickpeas, garbanzo beans drained and rinsed
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 cup bottled italian dressing
- 8 whole tomatoes
- Kosher salt and pepper
- Cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking process. Transfer to the pasta to a large bowl.
- Add the chickpeas, spinach, bell pepper, red onion, blue cheese and dressing. Toss gently to combine.
- Slice the tops of the tomatoes off and carefully spoon out the insides. Season with salt and pepper. Place one tomato on each plate and fill with the pasta salad. Serve immediately.