The Very Best Hot Fudge Sauce
Thick, rich and sinfully delicious, the Very Best Hot Fudge Sauce is so easy to make you’ll never buy it at the store again. The perfect topping for a sundae but so versatile you’ll find hundreds of other uses too. My very favorite is straight from the jar with a spoon.
I hope everyone had a fabulous weekend. Mine was filled with work…lots of work. That’s what happens when you take two weeks off to frolic in the sand and surf neglecting the world around me. It was so relaxing and I learned a lot, like the strategic attack patterns of New Jersey seagulls. Man, those birds are ruthless! And mean. But….like everyone else in the world, I had to get home because there was work to do. A ton of work. 🙂
The first thing I had to whip up for all of you was the super, silly, simple Hot Fudge Sauce. If you’re like me…you love the slightly bittersweet taste of hot fudge sauce. More than the super sweet chocolate sauce….but I love that too. However, given the choice…I’ll choose hot fudge any day of the week…and a spoon. That’s all I need to start busting out into the happy dance. I mean, seriously, is there anything better than thick, melty, warm chocolate? I think not.
In order to make this the Very Best Hot Fudge Sauce ever…you need to start with the best ingredients ever. Be sure to find the best chocolate you can for the very best flavor. Some less expensive chocolates can leave the flavor a little off and never, ever, ever use chocolate chips. Chocolate chips contain a stabilizer to help keep their shape and it can tend to make the consistency a little grainy. I also use a high quality butter…my favorite Plugra unsalted butter is perfect in this recipe helping to make the sauce silky smooth.
I’ll be putting my Very Best Hot Fudge Sauce on all the things in the next few weeks. A back to school sundae would be perfect to celebrate the kids coming home after their first day….or for moms to celebrate when the kids get ON the bus on their first day. 🙂 It would make a perfect addition to a sundae bar alongside my Homemade Magic Shell or top a pile of these Chocolate Chip Cookies if you’re feeling wild. You will LOVE it!
The Very Best Hot Fudge Sauce
The vert best hot fudge sauce recipe! perfect to top your favorite ice cream!
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar lightly packed
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 ounces bittersweet chocolate chopped
- 2 ounces unsweetened dark chocolate chopped
- 3 tablespoon unsalted butter I use Plugra
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a medium saucepan, stir the heavy cream, corn syrup, brown sugar, cocoa powder and salt. Bring the mixture to a boil and stir in half the chopped chocolate. Turn the heat down and simmer for 5 minutes. Turn the heat off and stir in the remaining chocolate, butter and vanilla. Allow to cool fro 15-20 minutes before using.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks. To reheat, microwave at 15-30 second intervals, stirring each time, until melted.