The Very Best Neiman Marcus Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
Better than the original, the Very Best Neiman Marcus Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe is loaded with three different kinds of chocolate and a secret ingredient that will make your fellow cookie eaters wonder what makes them taste so incredibly amazing.
Happy Tuesday! I missed you all yesterday but I was recovering from a super, long 5k that I ran on Sunday. I didn’t really train that much for it and am still really tired but life moves on. And I’m looking forward to getting back to the gym to try and burn off a little more of this winter layer that’s sticking around. In the meantime, I’ll make cookies. LOL! Because they’ll definitely help me fit back into all my summer shorts and skirts. Right?
But these cookies are the perfect reward for anything….including running in any race, long or short. Or laying on the beach. The Very Best Neiman Marcus Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe is adapted from the super famous Neiman Marcus Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe that, supposedly, someone tried to buy at the swanky Neiman Marcus department store and later found out that they were charged $250 for said recipe. This story is totally false and you can actually buy a WHOLE cookbook from the department store with all their best recipes, like these triple chocolate cookies, for the super low price of $30, or something like that. It’s just about the only thing in the whole store that most people can afford.
Now, I do LOVE Neiman Marcus because I like to touch/feel/ smell/rub my face on really expensive designer items like Chanel tweed jackets and strappy Gucci sandals. But everything in there is so flipping expensive that, even if I DO buy something in there, I always feel a bit nauseous when I leave the store. And not because I ate a cookie. The Neiman Marcus Chocolate Chip Cookie is there to ease the pain, I think. To make you forget you just spent a bazillion dollars on a tube of lipstick. They even give it to you in it’s own little shopping bag…just in case you want to save it for later. Or show everyone that you just shopped with the rich and famous.
The Very Best Neiman Marcus Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe is one that will wow your friends and family. It’s really easy to make, not any more difficult than my original blue ribbon winning cookies or my dairy free version. The recipe makes 8 GIGANTIC cookies or 24 “normal” size cookies. They’re great for any occasion….big or small. 🙂
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chunks
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 teaspoons instant espresso coffee powder
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, add the butter and both sugars. Beat until the mixture is light and fluffy, approximately 1 minute.
- Add the egg and vanilla beating for an additional 30 seconds until well combined.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the mixer while beating on low speed.
- Continue beating for 15 seconds or until the mixture is thoroughly combined.
- Fold in the chocolate and espresso powder.
- Place 1/4 cup mounds of cookie dough on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper about 3 inches apart and bake for 25-30 minutes or until the cookies are browned around the edges. (You should be able to fit 3 cookies on a standard size sheet.)
- Transfer to a wire rack and cool completely. Repeat with remaining dough.