The Very Best Neiman Marcus Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
Better than the original, the Very Best Neiman Marcus Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe is loaded with three different kinds of chocolate and a secret ingredient that will make your fellow cookie eaters wonder what makes them taste so incredibly amazing.
This post may contain affiliate links to products I use and love.
If you’re looking for the BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE RECIPE EVER….look no further. THIS is the OG of Chocolate Chip Cookies and you’re not going to believe how amazing it is. It has giant chocolate chunks, chocolate chips and a secret ingredient I added that makes them OVER THE TOP AMAZING!
NEIMAN MARCUS CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
The Very Best Neiman Marcus Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe is adapted from the super famous Neiman Marcus Chocolate Chip Cookie that, supposedly, someone tried to buy at the swanky Neiman Marcus department store and later found out that they were charged $250 for the recipe.
This story is totally false, an urban legend, and you can actually buy a WHOLE cookbook from the department store with all their best recipes, like these triple chocolate cookies, for the super low price of $30, or something like that. It’s just about the only thing in the whole store that most people can afford.
Now, I do LOVE Neiman Marcus because I like to touch/feel/ smell/rub my face on really expensive designer items like Chanel tweed jackets and strappy Gucci sandals. But everything in there is so flipping expensive that, even if I DO buy something in there, I always feel a bit nauseous when I leave the store.
And not because I ate a cookie. The Neiman Marcus Cookie is there to ease the pain, I think. To make you forget you just spent a bazillion dollars on a tube of lipstick. They even give it to you in it’s own little shopping bag…just in case you want to save it for later.
HOW TO MAKE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
A chocolate chip cookie is just a simple drop cookie recipe that originated in the United States and is studded with chocolate chips that melt into the dough when baked.
To make them, you’ll start by making the dough. Simply whisk together the dry ingredients and set aside. Then, beat the sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Add the remaining wet ingredients to combine.
Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and beat until combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
Shape your chocolate chip cookie dough into 6 large balls and arrange on a baking sheet. Bake. Cool. Eat. So easy!
I like to add espresso powder to my cookie dough because it enhances the flavor of the chocolate chips. You can totally leave it out if you can’t find it easily but you can buy it on Amazon here.
TIPS FOR PERFECT CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
- For the most intense chocolate flavor, use a variety of chocolate chips and chocolate chunks. Feel free to experiment, too!
- Allow your dough to rest a bit so your cookies don’t spread as much. My dough was quite warm in the video so it spread a ton contributing to my Oops! moment.
- Don’t over beat the dough when adding the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients.
- Fold in the chocolate chips with a spatula if you’re concerned about them breaking apart.
- Want pretty cookies? Add a few extra chocolate chips to the top of your cookies so they’re not hiding inside.
The Neiman Marcus Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe is one that will wow your friends and family. It’s really easy to make, not any more difficult than my original blue ribbon winning cookies or my dairy free version. The recipe makes 8 GIGANTIC cookies or 24 “normal” size cookies. They’re great for any occasion….big or small. 🙂
You can even give them as a gift by creating this fun cookie mix in a jar!
More Easy Cookie Recipes
For MORE EASY Cookie recipes, you should definitely try these fun FUNFETTI Cookies for a festive occasion or these Gooey Butter Cookies are insanely amazing. Like a buttery version of this Chocolate Crinkle Cookie recipe.
Or give this easy Pizookie a try!
Get the Recipe: The Very Best Neiman Marcus Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chunks
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 teaspoons instant espresso coffee powder
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, add the butter and both sugars. Beat until the mixture is light and fluffy, approximately 1 minute.
- Add the egg and vanilla beating for an additional 30 seconds until well combined.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the mixer while beating on low speed.
- Continue beating for 15 seconds or until the mixture is thoroughly combined.
- Fold in the chocolate and espresso powder.
- Place 1/4 cup mounds of cookie dough on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper about 3 inches apart and bake for 25-30 minutes or until the cookies are browned around the edges. (You should be able to fit 3 cookies on a standard size sheet.)
- Transfer to a wire rack and cool completely. Repeat with remaining dough.