White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies
Simple, sweet, and easy to make White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies are one of my favorite homemade cookie recipes ever. Soft cookies with sweet white chocolate chips and lightly crunchy macadamia nuts are what dreams are made of!
White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies
While these cookies are ideal for Christmas festivities like cookie exchanges, they’re also great for baking all year long. Just like chocolate chip cookies, there’s always time for a classic, tried and true white chocolate macadamia nut cookie. There are so many crazy unique cookies out there these days, but sometimes, it’s so satisfying to stick with the classics. And as you likely already know, these cookies are definitely classic!
The cookie batter bakes into a wonderfully soft, chewy cookie, with the most delicately crunchy edges. Because of their perfectly soft consistency, they serve as the perfect base for the sweet white chocolate chips and macadamia nuts. Macadamia nuts, once baked into the cookie batter, provide a lovely crunch that’s still a little soft and not too crunchy. Also, the rich, almost buttery flavor of the nuts pairs perfectly with everything else going on.
It’s pretty fun to serve these cookies alongside a fresh batch of The Very Best Chocolate Chip Cookies and make people pick their favorite. Even the most chocolate loving friends of yours will have a pause, as these classic white chocolate cookies are also pretty delicious! Both cookies are the definition of tried and true recipes that have withstood the test of time, and it’s not hard to see why.
How to Make Them
Heat it up. Preheat your oven to 350˚F degrees.
Mix the dry ingredients. In a large bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together.
Beat the sugar and butter. In the bowl of an electric mixer or a large mixing bowl, beat the butter and sugar until fluffy.
Make it sweet. Add the vanilla mixing just until incorporated.
Add the eggs. Add the eggs one at a time mixing thoroughly between each addition.
Combine the wet and dry mixtures. Turn the mixer to low and slowly add the dry ingredients.
Add the final touches. Fold in the nuts and chocolate chips.
Bake. Drop the dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 9-11 minutes until the edges are golden brown.
Cool. Cool on the baking sheet for 2-3 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Enjoy! Either serve or store the homemade cookies, and enjoy!
How long will white chocolate macadamia nut cookie stay fresh?
In an airtight container at room temperature, these homemade cookies will stay fresh for up to 5 days! Just make sure the cookies have totally cooled off before storing, otherwise condensation within the food storage container will form, ruining the cookies.
If you’d like to freeze these cookies, simply wait for them to be totally cooled off, then pop them into a freezer safe food storage container. They’ll stay fresh for up to 3 months. When you’re ready to enjoy them, let them thaw in the fridge overnight before sinking your teeth in!
Can I make the dough in advance?
Absolutely! This is a great make ahead recipe, simply because the dough can stay fresh for up to 3 days in advance before you’re ready to bake the cookies. Make sure the dough is kept in an airtight container in the fridge until you’re ready to use it.
How long should the butter and eggs sit on the counter?
Both the butter and two eggs need to be softened/at room temperature prior to using. I’ve found that butter is perfectly softened after about an hour on the kitchen counter, while eggs only need about 30 minutes. Once the shells aren’t cold to the touch, they’re good to use.
Treat yourself to more of my favorite cookies!
- The Very Best Peanut Butter Blossoms
- The Very Best Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- Old Fashioned Peanut Butter Cookies
- The Very Best Gingersnap Cookies
Get the Recipe: White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup salted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 1/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 1/4 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- baking sheet
- Preheat oven to 350˚F degrees.
- In a large bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer or a large mixing bowl, beat the butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add the vanilla mixing just until incorporated.
- Add the eggs one at a time mixing thoroughly between each addition.
- Turn the mixer to low and slowly add the dry ingredients.
- Fold in the nuts and chocolate chips.
- Drop the dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes until the edges are golden brown.
- Cool on the baking sheet for 2-3 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days at room temperature.