I don’t love change….I am a creature of habit. But sometimes change is good and can open doors to great things. Do you notice anything different here at The Soapbox? I made a few changes. It was a little cumbersome and took more time than expected but it’s finally “almost” done. I hope you like it!
I am still working through some kinks….broken links, super huge food photos, more broken links….but I’m fixing them as quickly as possible. In the meantime, I have resumed recipe testing. And I’ve gone a little healthier.
Joy the Baker posted a recipe the other day for a Toasted Pecan and Blueberry Salad. It looked killer. I made my own version and went a little healthier than Joy did but both are equally satisfying. I love the saltiness of the cheese with the sweet/tart blueberries and the pine nuts give it that perfect crunch! I’ve been throwing feta into all the salads now….like this Greek Cucumber Noodle Salad and my favorite Chopped Broccoli Salad with Cherries and Feta. It’s like my thing. 🙂
If you happen to go to her site to check out the salad….stay awhile. I know you’ll like her. And her recipes are to die for.
Blueberry, Feta and Quinoa Salad with Lemon Basil Dressing
- juice and zest of one large lemon
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- kosher salt
- ground black pepper
- 2 cups cooked quinoa (I used Bob's Red Mill.)
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup toasted pine nuts
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, zest, olive oil, mustard, basil, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, gently stir together the quinoa, blueberries, feta and pine nuts. Pour the dressing over the quinoa mixture and toss to combine.
- Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to two days.