Quick Pickled Jalapeños
Easy, Quick Pickled Jalapeños are so perfect for all your recipes. Tangy, spicy and slightly sweet, this Pickled Jalapeno recipe is ready in just about 10 minutes. Stash them in the fridge to add a little heat to your favorite dishes.
Who knew jalapeños were so easy to grow. It’s just about the only thing, besides basil, I can grow in the garden in the summer. And boy, do they grow! If you ever grow your own jalapeno peppers, you’ll know what I’m talking about….and you’ll need this Quick Pickled Jalapeno recipe to use up all those chili peppers.
We usually buy jalapeno peppers in a jar at the store to put on top of nachos or tacos and to garnish our chili. But, it’s so simple to make your own pickled jalapeños at home and they taste soooo much better!
QUICK PICKLED JALAPENOS
Pickled Jalapeños are made using a simple quick pickle method that I use for just about everything….even this simple Pickled Okra. And they last in the fridge for a REALLY long time so you always have something to add some spice to just about anything you want.
And the best part….they’re ready in just about 10 minutes. Once you try this pickled jalapeno recipe, I promise you’ll never go back to jarred jalapeños again.
As a sandwich or salad topping, they’re right up there with Pickled Red Onion because of the sweet, tangy flavor they add to everything.
HOW TO PICKLE JALAPENOS
If you ever made a quick pickle recipe at home, this one is no different. If you haven’t, no worries….it’s so easy, you’ll be pickling all the things after you taste how amazing these jalapeños are.
Here’s how to do it:
Slice the jalapeños and fill one large jar (or two smaller jars) with the jalapeno slices.
Make the pickle brine by simmering the apple cider vinegar, sugar and spices over low heat until the sugar dissolves.
Pour the brine over the jalapeños and allow to cool to room temperature.
Seal the jars with canning lids and store in the refrigerator for up to 2 months.
ARE PICKLED JALAPENOS GOOD FOR YOU
Good news! Spice up all your favorite foods with pickled jalapeños because they are packed with capsaicin, a compound that accounts for many health benefits, including weight loss, pain relief, improved heart health and lower ulcer risk.
If you love spicy food, jalapeños are a great way to help aid in weight loss.
This recipe results in a sweet pickled jalapeno thanks to the sugar and the apple cider vinegar, which also has health benefits of it’s own.
HOW TO USE PICKLED JALAPENOS
You can use pickled jalapeños for just about everything but here are a few of our favorite ways to add some spice:
- Top your favorite Queso Blanco for a little extra heat.
- Add to a Breakfast Burrito or Breakfast Taco
- Mince them up and stir into this Pico de Gallo
- Make a spicy guacamole by mixing in a few tablespoons
- Enchiladas are nothing without a few tossed on top
Quick Pickled Jalapeños
- canning jar
- 1 pound sliced jalapeño
- 1/2 cup kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon pickling spice
- Place the jalapeno slices in canning jars until full and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, add the salt, vinegar, water, brown sugar and pickling spice.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and cook until the sugar is dissolved. Allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Pour the liquid into the jars filling approximately 3/4 full.
- Place the lid on the jars and refrigerate for 1 hour or overnight.
- Serve as desired.