This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SweetNewYear #CollectiveBias
A light, healthy dinner with a bit of asian flair, Asian Glazed Chicken Legs with Snow Pea and Carrot Slaw are super simple to throw together. Flavored with ginger, hoisin and five spice, your entire family will devour their meal in minutes.
Ok, so it’s no secret that I like to eat absolutely everything. And anything. From healthy salads to tooth achingly sweet chocolate cake….I like variety. So SOMETIMES I overdo it a bit. I start to feel sluggish, puffy and tired…. and I realize I need to pull back a bit on the sugar. That’s when I start tweaking a few of my dinner recipes to reduce the amount of sugar I add to my meal…..but I still want that sweet flavor in a lot of my sauces and desserts. So, I add the only logical thing…Truvia. Truvia Natural Sweetener is a zero-calorie, stevia-based sweetener and is a great natural sweetener choice for people looking to reduce calories. I found Truvia at my local Walmart in the baking aisle with all the regular sugar.
My Asian Glazed Chicken Legs with Snow Pea and Carrot Slaw were the perfect recipe to substitute my usual sweetener of granulated sugar with Truvia and you couldn’t even taste the difference. Still slightly tangy with a bit of sweetness, the marinade was still busting at the seams with flavor. I even added it to the dressing for the slaw and my family had no idea. So, we cut back on sugar for the entire meal without any complaints from the peanut gallery. 🙂
Asian Glazed Chicken Legs are so simple to make. You just whip up a quick marinade in a bowl.
Pour all but 1/4 of the marinade over the legs and toss to coat. Allow to sit for 30 minutes and up to 8 hours. A zip top bag works well too.
Line a baking sheet with foil and arrange the chicken on the baking sheet. Transfer to the oven and bake for 40 minutes.
The slaw can be made in just under 2 minutes with pre-cut matchstick carrots you pick up from your produce section….snow peas and napa cabbage. (If you can’t find napa cabbage, regular cabbage will work too.)
These Asian Glazed Chicken Legs will be a big hit with your family and, I guarantee, will become a regular on your weekly meal plan. You can even try Truvia for free by clicking HERE! And be sure to check out other great Truvia recipes HERE!
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoons chili paste
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon Truvia Spoonable
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon five spice seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 8 chicken legs
- 1 cup matchstick carrots
- 1 cup thinly sliced snow peas
- 2 cups thinly sliced napa cabbage
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Truvia Spoonable
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the sesame oil through garlic until combined. Place the chicken legs in a large bowl or zip top back and pour the marinade over the chicken, tossing to coat. Allow the chicken to marinade for 30 minute or up to 8 hours.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and arrange the chicken in one single layer on the baking sheet. Bake in the oven for 40 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- While the chicken is cooking, toss together the carrots, snow peas and cabbage in a small bowl. Whisk together soy sauce, vinegar and Truvia in a separate bowl. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to coat. Serve the chicken with 1 cup of salad.