This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #IDSimplyPure #CollectiveBias
Berry brunch perfection! Triple Berry Stuffed French Toast Casserole is wonderful for a crowd. Buttery slices of brioche bread are layered with a cream cheese filling, blackberries, blueberries and raspberries before being baked in a slightly sweet custard. The tastiest way to start your day.
Happy Tuesday, friends! I hope everyone had a fabulous weekend filled with egg hunts and other spring activities. Our house was blasted with a nasty virus so we spent the weekend hibernating for the last few days of winter…which was fitting because our area was also hit with a blanket of cold air. The perfect weekend to stay inside and dream of budding tulips, summer hydrangeas and Easter goodies that are less than a week away. I’ve been hitting it hard lately with the brunch recipes like crepes, deviled eggs and cocktails. So, it was only fitting that I throw in some spring inspired breakfast casserole to continue with my unintended blast of breakfast nirvana.
Today…I have this insanely amazing Triple Berry Stuffed French Toast Casserole. It’s a mouthful in more ways than one. I love breakfasts casseroles because they can be made in advance and serve a crowd without much fuss. They’re always a hit, they’re made in one dish for easy cleanup and I never have any leftovers. This Monte Cristo version is a hit on the blog with this savory casserole a close second. I’m sure this Triple Berry Stuffed French Toast Casserole is going to be just as popular.
My french toast casserole is super simple to make. To sweeten it without having to add to much additional sugar I used International Delight Simply Pure Creamer. It’s made with only five ingredients including real milk, cream and sugar. I’ve been using this in my morning coffee for awhile now so it was just natural to try it out in a sweet recipe perfect for the upcoming holiday. I love the vanilla flavor for it’s pure natural taste and I was able to find it easily at my local Walmart store!
Triple Berry Stuffed French Toast Casserole is a buttery, creamy dream. Speckled with tangy berries that burst during baking, one bite and you won’t be able to put your fork down. Serve this to overnight guests and they may never, ever leave your house. This is just a warning. 🙂
Triple Berry Stuffed French Toast Casserole
- 1 1-pound loaf Brioche bread, sliced into 1/2 inch slices
- 2 cups low-fat milk
- 1 1/2 cups International Delight Simply Pure Vanilla Creamer
- 7 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup blackberries
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 2 tablespoons turbinado sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Arrange half the bread in a 13 x 9 inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Whisk together the milk, creamer and 5 eggs until well blended. Pour half the egg mixture over the bread. Set aside.
- In a blender, combine the remaining eggs, sugar, vanilla and cream cheese until smooth. Spread the mixture evenly over the bread in the baking dish. Sprinkle the berries over the cream cheese in an even layer. Top with the remaining bread and pour the egg mixture over the entire casserole. Sprinkle the top with the turbinado sugar and bake for 50-55 minutes. Allow to rest for 10 minutes before serving. Dust with powdered sugar, if desired.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 627kcal Calories from fat 244|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 27g||42%|
|Saturated Fat 13g||65%|
|Dietary Fiber 3g||12%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|