Sparkling Strawberry Mojito // Video
Strawberries, lime and mint are muddled together then topped with a splash of rum before being finished off with champagne. This Sparkling Strawberry Mojito recipe is a great twist on the classic cuban cocktail.
Sparkling Strawberry Mojito
If you’re looking for a new cocktail to kick off the spring season, this Sparkling Strawberry Mojito is just the ticket! Made similarly to a classic Mojito, this easy libation is made even more special with a splash of champagne.
It’s particularly wonderful when strawberries are at their peak because the sweetness goes perfectly with the rum and champagne. It’s a great sip any time of the year but we love it to quench our thirst when the summer heat is on.
Bonus points, it only takes a few minutes to make and it’s the best addition to girls night in!
How To Make It
Add the strawberries, mint, sugar and lime juice to a champagne flute or glass.
Muddle gently to combine the flavors and help the sugar dissolve a bit.
Top with the rum and fill with champagne.
Serve immediately with a strawberry for garnish!
What Is A Mojito
A Mojito is a traditional Cuban cocktail that’s basically a highball made with white rum, sugar, lime juice, club soda and mint. It’s particularly popular during the summer months because of the refreshing flavor of the mint.
There are many varieties these days of mojitos and this Strawberry Mojito takes it an extra step by subbing out the club soda for champagne or sparkling wine.
More Easy Summer Cocktail Ideas
- Lemonade Gin Mojito Cocktail Recipe
- Frozen Piña Colada Cocktail
- Orange Crush Cocktail Recipe // Video
- Sherbet Mimosa Float Recipe
What To Serve It With
This Strawberry Champagne Mojito is fresh….and refreshing, perfect for your next Spring soiree. It would be fantastic for Easter brunch and is a great way to toast the warmer weather while digging into a breakfast casserole or noshing on some canapés.
Get the Recipe: Strawberry Champagne Mojito
- 1 cup diced strawberries
- 12-14 mint leaves
- 4 teaspoons superfine sugar or simple sugar
- 4 ounces fresh lime juice
- 4 ounces white rum
- 1 bottle champagne
- Place 1/4 cup of strawberries, 3-4 mint leaves, 1 teaspoon sugar (or simple syrup) and 1 ounce of lime juice in the bottom of a champagne glass.
- Using a muddler, crush the strawberries and mint to release the oils. Stir in 1 ounce of rum.
- Top with champagne until the glass is filled. Garnish with strawberries and fresh mint leaves, if desired.
- Repeat with remaining cocktails.