A simple recipe with complex, bold flavor! Grilled Old Bay Chicken Wings are simple to make with just three ingredients and the perfect flavor for summer. Slightly spicy and wonderful paired with creamy blue cheese dressing.
Happy Friday, friends! Guess where I am? Yep, that’s about right…I went back to the beach. Just for a couple days so my little guy can get in some sandy cousin time with my brothers kids but I’m back and that salt air just makes every care in the world float away. The weather is gorgeous and I can’t wait to dip my feet in the cool, salty water.
Last week, before I left here I made something totally beachy on the grill and it is one of my new favorite things in the world. If you’re an Old Bay fan you’re going to love this Grilled Old Bay Chicken Wings recipe I created with just a few simple ingredients. If you don’t know what Old Bay is…you should seek it out. It’s a huge deal over here on the east coast…especially in the Chesapeake Bay region. Old Bay is a seasoning blend that is widely used in spicing up crab and other seafood. Us east coasters tend to sprinkle it on just about everything we can find because it’s strangely addicting. And I have a few other spiced up recipes to share with you before the summer is over.
My Grilled Old Bay Chicken Wings are the perfect summer treat and are great for Old Bay lovers that have a seafood aversion in the form of an allergy or just intense dislike of the texture. These wings are crispy, spicy and so incredibly addicting you won’t be able to stop stuffing them in your mouth….kind of like these Asian Baked Wings from back when I started this whole blogging thing.
With football season on the horizon….you’re going to need all the new wing recipes you can find and these Grilled Old Bay Chicken Wings will definitely be a hit with all your foot ball fans. In fact, why not throw a wing bowl of your own and have a variety like these garlic parmesan wings or THESE Honey Habanero wings that will totally knock your socks off!
- 4 tablespoons Old Bay Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 pounds chicken wings
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a small bowl, whisk together 3 tablespoons Old Bay Seasoning and baking powder until combined. Toss the chicken wings with the Old Bay mixture.
- Grill the wings over medium heat of 5-6 minutes. Flip the wings over and cook for an additional 6-7 minutes or until done. Transfer to a platter or clean bowl.
- Whisk the remaining Old Bay and butter together. Toss the cooked wings in the butter mixture and serve immediately.