Baked Garlic-Parmesan Wings
Crispy baked wings, coated in a spicy garlic butter and parmesan cheese will definitely be a surprise to any tailgater this season. As tasty twist on the usual buffalo wings, these are slightly healthier because we skipped the deep-fryer.
I have trouble adjusting to change. Especially change that was not of my own doing. Especially…..when someone I don’t know throws a wrench into my life. Like when they steal my car off my driveway in the middle of the night. Yep. It happened. Sunday night, someone stole my car while my family was fast asleep. Sookie….the watchdog….she didn’t even bark. She’s still learning the job, I guess. Looooong learning curve.
So, when I woke up the next morning…maybe with a little hangover and a hankering for McDonald’s….I walked out to the driveway and it was gone. Just like that. We won’t go into the specifics of the situation, however, it was gone and I had a little trouble processing the situation. I called the police…they were helpful but not very uplifting on the spirits. 50/50 chance of ever seeing my car again leaves little hope. I tried to move on with my day which is a little hard being that someone stole my car and all. The state trooper returned several hours later with the news that my car was found, (yay) however, it was involved in a five car collision and was…..totaled. Good news? Bad news? I don’t know how to take it. All I know is….I need a new car. I don’t want a new car. I want my old car back in the condition that I left it Saturday night.
Change is, sometimes, not so good…BUT sometimes it is great! And tasty. Like Baked Garlic-Parmesan Wings. My husband is a true Buffalo Wing fan and doesn’t like to deviate from a classic. Most of the time he thinks it’s just wrong to tamper with something that’s not broken. I changed his mind multiple times before with my Baked Spicy Asian Wings and my Grilled Honey-Habanero Wings so I thought I would try one more time. It’s not like I stole his car or something. It’s just a tiny change.
Similar to the Honey-Habanero Wings, I made a butter “sauce” which is just really some melted butter with aromatics infused into it. Garlic, crushed red pepper…you get the picture. Not a whole lot to these easy wings but the key is baking them on a rack (I used my cooling rack set over a baking sheet) so they get really crispy while baking.
You will love these! And why not throw a little change into your usual game day eats…..change is good and your friends will think you’re a genius. But don’t go stealing their cars….that’s just not cool.
Baked Garlic-Parmesan Wings
munch down on these amazing baked garlic parmesan wings
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken wings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 sticks salted butter
- 5 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tablespoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees and place a cooling rack over a baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, toss the wings with olive oil, salt and pepper. Arrange the wings on the rack in a single layer and not touching each other. Bake the wings in the oven for 10-12 minutes or until crispy and golden. Turn the wings over and bake for an additional 10-12 minutes or until done.
- While the wings bake, melt the butter in a small sauce pan and add the garlic and crushed red pepper. Allow the butter to come to a boil and continue to cook until the butter solids start to turn golden. Remove the pan from the heat and allow the mixture to steep for a 5 minutes. Slowly stir in half the cheese. Set aside.
- Transfer the wings to a large bowl and pour the butter mixture over the wings. Add the remaining cheese, basil and parsley. Toss to combine thoroughly being sure all the wings are coated. Serve immediately.