Creamy Chicken Piccata Recipe
Quick and easy, Creamy Chicken Piccata is ready in just 30 minutes thanks to thin sliced chicken breasts. Bathed in a creamy sauce with mushrooms, artichokes and capers….this one is totally restaurant worthy.
Disclaimer: This post is created in partnership with ACME Markets. All opinions and statements are my own, as always.
Who watched the Super Bowl? OMG….we are going to be celebrating this one for a long time here in the Philly ‘burbs. The first ever Eagles Super Bowl Championship….it’s kind of a big deal. That game was insanely crazy, a nail biter to the very end and we couldn’t be more excited about the outcome. The Eagles team is an iconic staple here in Philadelphia and Eagle fans are completely over the top in love with their team. It’s a wonderful way to dampen the effects of the post holiday blues which were totally starting to set in here…at least in my house.
This is the time of year when I just crave spring and need ALLLLL the comfort food. Rich, creamy sauces and hearty stews are my go-to when I’m trying to keep myself from developing a bad case of the cold winter blues. But I also need to have recipes that are super easy to prepare for those busy weeknights when time is tight and this Creamy Chicken Piccata recipe is one that’s been on repeat for a few weeks now. Thinly sliced chicken breasts cook up in minutes then are drenched in a creamy piccata sauce that’s packed with fun veggies like mushrooms and artichokes. It’s like an amped up Chicken Piccata that could totally pass as a restaurant take out meal.
What’s even better about this Creamy Chicken Piccata recipe is that it’s made with NEW Open Nature® Air Chilled Chicken, available exclusively at my local ACME Markets in the Philadelphia area! Open Nature Air Chilled Chicken is individually processed with purified air for 100% mouth-watering flavor. Their chicken is fed a proprietary flaxseed-based diet for a product that is up to 300% higher in beneficial omega-3’s and 40% lower in cholesterol (vs. conventional chicken). It’s food I can feel good about feeding to my family! The chicken breasts are, also, already thinly sliced so my prep work is cut in half making this a super speedy dinner to get on the table.
My Creamy Chicken Piccata recipe couldn’t be easier to make….simply dredge your chicken in seasoned flour and add to a searing hot skillet. Brown and then remove to a warm platter. To make the sauce, saute your veggies in a bit of butter then deglaze with wine and chicken stock. A splash of heavy cream makes it creamy without adding a ton of calories. AND….you only have on pan to clean. How AWESOME IS THAT??? (I hate dishes more than the Patriots.) 🙂
This Creamy Chicken Piccata recipe is fantastic served with my favorite pasta side dish and a light green salad for a healthy, light dinner your family will request over and over again. I also love to use the Open Nature Air Chilled Chicken in these Parmesan Crusted Chicken Cutlets (which are amazing in these Chicken Cutlet Sandwiches!) Or, for more easy chicken recipes, check out this easy Chicken Marsala Skillet and THIS Creamy Chicken Soup with Artichokes and Mushrooms! It’s fantastic for a “not sad desk lunch” at the office.
Creamy Chicken Piccata Recipe
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 4 Open Nature Air Chilled Chicken Breasts thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup diced onion
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 14 ounce can quartered artichoke hearts drained
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch or flour
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- kosher salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Dredge the chicken breasts in the flour to coat on both sides and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil and butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken to the skillet and cook for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown. Flip the chicken over and continue cooking for an additional 3-4 minutes or until golden. Transfer the chicken to a platter and keep warm.
- Add the onions to the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes. Stir in the mushrooms and cook for an additional 3 minutes.
- Stir in the artichoke hearts, garlic and capers. Cook for a 3-4 minutes. Sprinkle the vegetables with the cornstarch and stir to coat.
- Add the wine to the pan and cook until reduced by half.
- Stir in the chicken stock and bring the mixture to a boil. Turn off the heat and stir in the cream. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Return the chicken to the pan and turn to coat.
- Serve the chicken with the sauce. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese, if desired.
To make the recipe even faster, buy pre-sliced mushrooms.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Albertsons Companies. The opinions and text are all mine.