Creamy Chicken Piccata Recipe
Quick and easy, Creamy Chicken Piccata is ready in just 30 minutes thanks to thin sliced chicken breasts. Bathed in a creamy sauce with mushrooms, artichokes and capers….this one is totally restaurant worthy.
Fall is around the corner and I’m ready for it. This is the time of year when I need ALLLLL the comfort food. Rich, creamy sauces and hearty stews are my go-to when I’m trying to keep myself from realizing summer is almost over.
But I also need to have recipes that are super easy to prepare for those busy weeknights when time is tight and this Creamy Chicken Piccata recipe is one that’s been on repeat for a few weeks now.
Thinly sliced chicken breasts cook up in minutes then are drenched in a creamy piccata sauce that’s packed with fun veggies like mushrooms and artichokes. It’s like an amped up Chicken Piccata that could totally pass as a restaurant take out meal.
What’s even better is, you can make this in the midst of a heatwave and won’t have to worry about heating up the kitchen because it’s on the table in just 30 minutes!
CREAMY CHICKEN PICCATA
Chicken Piccata is a classic Italian recipe that’s made with thin sliced chicken cutlets that are dredged in flour before being fried to a crispy golden brown. Topped with a tangy lemon sauce that’s spiked with capers, it’s simple chicken recipe that’s easy to prepare.
This version of chicken piccata has a creamy piccata sauce that’s loaded with mushrooms and artichokes making it a great option for a one pan meal.
HOW TO MAKE IT
My Creamy Chicken Piccata recipe couldn’t be easier to make….simply dredge your chicken in seasoned flour and add to a searing hot skillet.
Brown and then remove to a warm platter.
To make the piccata sauce, saute your veggies in a bit of butter then deglaze with wine and chicken stock. A splash of half and half makes it creamy without adding a ton of calories. AND….you only have on pan to clean. How AWESOME IS THAT???
WHAT TO SERVE WITH IT
MORE EASY CHICKEN RECIPES
If you love this Chicken Piccata with artichokes you may also love this super simple Chicken Cacciatore! It’s hearty and HEALTHY!
Or, check out this easy Chicken Marsala Skillet and THIS Creamy Chicken Soup with Artichokes and Mushrooms! It’s fantastic for a “not sad desk lunch” at the office. We also are LOVING this Cheesecake Factory copy cat Chicken Madeira!
For a simple chicken dinner, this is the BEST Chicken Breast recipe ever….tons of reviews….and totally versatile for meal prepping!
DON’T MISS A RECIPE! FOLLOW US ON INSTAGRAM AND FACEBOOK FOR MORE FAMILY FAVORITE DINNERS!
Get the Recipe: Creamy Chicken Piccata Recipe
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 4 Open Nature Air Chilled Chicken Breasts, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup diced onion
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 14 ounce can quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch or flour
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- kosher salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Dredge the chicken breasts in the flour to coat on both sides and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil and butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken to the skillet and cook for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown. Flip the chicken over and continue cooking for an additional 3-4 minutes or until golden. Transfer the chicken to a platter and keep warm.
- Add the onions to the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes. Stir in the mushrooms and cook for an additional 3 minutes.
- Stir in the artichoke hearts, garlic and capers. Cook for a 3-4 minutes. Sprinkle the vegetables with the cornstarch and stir to coat.
- Add the wine to the pan and cook until reduced by half.
- Stir in the chicken stock and bring the mixture to a boil. Turn off the heat and stir in the cream. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Return the chicken to the pan and turn to coat.
- Serve the chicken with the sauce. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese, if desired.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Albertsons Companies. The opinions and text are all mine.