This Garlic Roasted Shrimp Cocktail recipe with homemade cocktail sauce is the BEST and easiest party appetizer for any occasion. Ready in less than 20 minutes, this simple snack will be the first dish to disappear.
Can 2016 just be over already? I mean, this year is definitely not going to make my top 10 list with all the celebs that passed and that dizzying election….I’m looking forward to a fresh new start next week. Like so incredibly ready that I even have some healthy recipes ready to go so we can all start the year off on the right foot before tumbling out of control right around Valentine’s Day. Or is that just me?
But for now…let’s plan on giving the boot to the year that stunk up the whole universe…2016. And let’s do it in style with some fabulous party snacks like sausage stuffed mushrooms, Crab Rangoon Dip and Garlic Roasted Shrimp Cocktail with homemade cocktail sauce. My favorite way to party….with small bites and festive cocktails with lots and lots of bubbles. It makes mingling with friends and family a little easier when you’re not all plopped down around a dinner table trying to pass the mashed potatoes.
It also makes cleaning up (if you’re the host) a breeze if you’re not trying to roast a giant prime rib in a huge roasting pan and lots of side dishes like potato gratin baked in casserole dishes….that all need to be cleaned when you’ve had waaaay too much champagne and everyone else has gone to bed. This Garlic Roasted Shrimp Cocktail recipe comes together so quickly, easily and requires little clean up. It’s my go-to recipe for just about any occasion.
And what I love most about this Garlic Roasted Shrimp Cocktail recipe is it’s bursting with flavors you don’t get in traditional shrimp cocktail. The garlic gives it a nutty flavor and the crushed red pepper a bit of spice. The easy to make homemade cocktail sauce has a little kick, as well, from a healthy splash of Tabasco sauce and a squeeze of lemon. It’s the perfect blend of flavors in one little bite. A great starter, appetizer or snack for any party…especially New Year’s Eve. Now, 2016…don’t let the door hit you in the butt on your way out. Mmmmmkay?
Garlic Roasted Shrimp Cocktail
- 2 pounds large shrimp (16-20 count) peeled, deveined and tails left in on
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 cup ketchup/" data-popup="http://thesuburbansoapbox.com/2015/06/29/homemade-ketchup/">ketchup
- 2 tablespoons horseradish
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce (or other hot sauce)
- 1/2 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a large bowl, toss the shrimp with the garlic, olive oil, crushed red pepper, salt and pepper to coat.
- Spread the shrimp in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment.
- Roast the shrimp for 8-10 minutes until no longer translucent.
- Transfer the shrimp to a serving platter and set aside.
- In a small bowl, stir the ketchup, horseradish, lemon juice, Tabasco and worcestershire sauce until combined.
- Serve the sauce with the shrimp.