Turn your weeknights into a family grill fest. Tangy and sweet, Teriyaki Glazed Chicken Kabobs are the ultimate weeknight meal. Quick and easy to assemble, minutes to cook and perfect for the entire family.
I hear people talk about the leisurely summer days….the lazy days of summer. I don’t know what they’re talking about. When you have a toddler that wants to play every waking hour of the day….it’s hardly a lazy day. Throw in a little work and you have a full on busy day. And I’m watching my neighbors shuttle their kids too and from various sporting activities….sometimes I don’t see them for weeks! I often wonder if they’re away on vacation until, one day, I see them loading up the car at the crack of dawn with lawn chairs, coolers and baseball bats. Definitely not vacation.
So, on those busy days I like to have something quick and easy in my back pocket to throw on the grill. I love grilling because there’s minimal mess in the kitchen. No wiping down the stovetop and floor and whatever else I flung food on while trying to make a quick meal. And…no heavy pots to wash. I look for things that cook quickly and won’t dry out…like Tyson® Fresh Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs. I’m a huge fan of chicken thighs, I make them often on and off the grill like these Barbecue Chicken Sliders and my Champagne and Garlic Braised Chicken Thighs.
Tyson® Fresh Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs are available fresh or frozen so you can keep them on hand for quick family meals. I was also able to get a great deal on them at my local Walmart this weekend. I love how flavorful they are and they are so versatile. I frequently swap them out of recipes that call for chicken breasts because I’m not a huge fan. The chicken thighs worked extremely well in this recipe which comes together in under 30 minutes, including the teriyaki glaze.
Teriyaki Glazed Chicken Kabobs are even fun to make, you can enlist the kids with some of the assembly and the glaze is simply amazing. Double or triple the recipe for an impromptu summer gathering….because you were just so lazy all day, why not invite the neighbors over for an unexpected party! That’s pretty much how I roll. 🙂
Grilled Teriyaki Glazed Chicken Kabobs
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons sweet rice wine
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 1 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 cups pineapple chunks
- 1 red onion, cut into chunks
- kosher salt and fresh ground pepper
- olive oil, to prevent sticking
- 12 wooden skewers soaked in water for 1-24 hours
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, add the soy sauce, water, rice wine, brown sugar, garlic and ginger. Bring the mixture to a boil and then turn the heat to low. Simmer for 5 minutes. In a small bowl, whisk together the cornstarch with 1 tablespoon of water. Slowly whisk the cornstarch into the soy sauce mixture and turn off the heat. Set aside.
- Preheat the grill. Assemble the skewers by alternating pieces of chicken, pineapple and onion. Brush lightly with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Place the kabobs on the grill over medium heat and cook for 3-4 minutes until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 170. Turn the kabobs over and cook for an additional minute. Brush the kabobs with the teriyaki glaze and cook for one minute longer. Turn the kabob once more and brush the opposite side with the glaze. Allow to cook for an additional minute and then transfer to a serving platter. Serve immediately
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 323kcal Calories from fat 92|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 10g||15%|
|Saturated Fat 2g||10%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Tyson Foods Inc. The opinions and text are all mine.