Baked Teriyaki Chicken Casserole Recipe
The easiest dinner to throw together…..Baked Teriyaki Chicken Casserole is a dump and bake meal that requires no precooking of ingredients. Simply mix everything together, top with chicken and teriyaki sauce, bake and enjoy! This is one weeknight dinner recipe that gets a thumbs up from the entire family.
I finally got my son to expand his meal selection beyond chicken fingers, corn dogs and pizza. So, basically, he was living off of fair food for dinner…minus the funnel cake. Getting him to try new things is such a tiresome task that I usually just give up and give him plain baked chicken breast because he thinks it’s like filet mignon. It’s not.
And, in an effort to no longer be a short order cook in my own kitchen, I’m TRYING to find things that are easy to make and he will actually eat. Even if it means, cutting off the outside of the chicken to make sure there are chicken pieces without any of the sauce/breading/grill marks on it.
This chicken casserole recipe is it. He will eat the whole thing….rice include. This is, by far, the BEST Baked Teriyaki Chicken Casserole recipe ever simply because you don’t have to cook anything in advance to get this in the oven. I tested this chicken casserole with rice multiple ways and the final result is simply the easiest way to get dinner on the table all in one pot.
What is Chicken Teriyaki made of?
For this easy Baked Teriyaki Chicken Casserole recipe, I used my homemade teriyaki sauce. This is the same teriyaki sauce I used for all my chicken teriyaki recipes.
Chicken Teriyaki is basically basted or cooked in teriyaki sauce, which is made of soy sauce, sake, sugar, ginger and, sometimes, garlic. I like to add a bit of cornstarch for thickening, if necessary.
Teriyaki chicken is, actually, a Japanese cooking technique in which food is broiled or glazed with a teriyaki sauce.
How do you make Baked Teriyaki Chicken Casserole?
Making this Teriyaki Chicken and Rice Casserole is so easy to do, simply follow these instructions for one pot chicken dinner perfection:
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Coat a baking dish with cooking spray and stir together the water, rice, pineapple and vegetables.
- Top the rice mixture with the chicken breasts and pour the teriyaki sauce over the chicken.
- Bake the casserole for 30-40 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the rice has absorbed the liquid.
- Transfer the chicken to a platter and rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Toss the rice and veggies with a fork to fluff. Serve the chicken with the rice.
You can even make this Teriyaki Chicken in the slow cooker or Crock Pot. Just stir the ingredients in the bottom of your slow cooker and top with the chicken. Pour the teriyaki sauce over the chicken and cover. Cook on high for 5-6 hours.
To amp up the flavor just a bit more, I like to sprinkle my Teriyaki Chicken with toasted sesame seeds and chopped cilantro!
What I love most about this Teriyaki Chicken Casserole is that it’s a complete dinner all in one pot. A one pot chicken dinner, if you will. The veggies, rice and protein is all cooked together so you’re not left with a pile of dishes when dinner is done. There’s nothing I hate more than a huge pile of dishes.
If you’re looking for even more easy Casserole dishes, you have to try these reader favorites:
- MY FAVORITE Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole
- Chicken and Dumplings Casserole…another all in one pot dinner.
- The BEST Tuna Noodle Casserole.…even for none tuna lovers.
- This Slow Cooker White Chicken Enchilada Casserole is everything.
- So, sooo good….Easy Chicken Divan Casserole.
But sometimes you don’t want a casserole but you’re craving something flavorful and amazing….so check out these family faves, too:
- Chicken Teriyaki Kabobs
- Chicken Teriyaki Sandwiches
- Easy Oven Baked Chicken Breasts
- Grilled Teriyaki Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Five Spice Teriyaki Flank Steak
Want even more easy dinner inspiration (and fun behind the scenes stuff), follow us over on Instagram!
Baked Teriyaki Chicken Casserole Recipe
All in one pot, Baked Teriyaki Chicken Casserole recipe is simple and quick. No precooking required and a hit with the whole family.
- 1 cup uncooked white rice
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup chopped broccoli florets
- 1 cup matchstick cut carrots
- 1/2 cup pineapple chunks
- 1 cup chopped snow peas
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup teriyaki sauce
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
Coat a baking dish with cooking spray.
In the baking dish, stir together the rice, water, broccoli, carrots, pineapple, snow peas, salt and pepper.
Arrange the chicken on top of the rice mixture and pour the teriyaki sauce evenly over the chicken.
Transfer the baking dish to the oven and bake for 30-40 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the rice has absorbed the liquid.
Remove the chicken from the baking dish and allow to rest for 5 minutes. Fluff the rice with a fork.
Slice the chicken across the grain and serve with the rice. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and cilantro, if desired.