Oven Baked Teriyaki Chicken Breast
Dinner in a flash! Easy Oven Baked Teriyaki Chicken Breast are the most simple of dinners that the whole family will love. Just a few simple ingredients and you have a simple, healthy meal on the table faster than take out.
I just watched Game of Thrones for the second time and I’m still super confused by the latest episode. If you watch…..please tell me, what is Bran’s deal? Because I just can’t figure him out. It’s definitely a puzzler for me…..but Aria, she’s girl goals. Don’t you agree? AND I will be going as the Night King for Halloween next year. But enough about that….
With all the epic movies and television shows happening right now dinner has to be quick and simple with minimal clean up. There’s nothing worse than a sink filled with dirty dishes when everyone wants to see what’s happening in King’s Landing. So, I’m a HUGE fan of the Oven Baked Chicken Breast dinners as of late and this Easy Teriyaki Chicken recipe is no exception.
I love, love, LOVE making Baked Chicken Breast because clean up is a breeze and if you plan ahead you can use whatever you have on hand to create an easy Chicken Marinade. My favorite is this easy Teriyaki Sauce but you can use your favorite teriyaki sauce in a pinch.
How to Make Teriyaki Chicken
Making this easy Baked Teriyaki Chicken recipe from scratch is super simple, especially if you prepped the sauce ahead of time. If you didn’t have time to make the chicken teriyaki sauce, any bottled sauce will work well and save you a few minutes.
To make Baked Teriyaki Chicken:
- Place the chicken breast in a shallow dish and cover with the teriyaki sauce.
- Marinade the chicken in the teriyaki sauce for 1 hour or up to 12 hours.
- Remove the chicken and arrange on a baking sheet lined with foil or parchment.
- Bake in the oven for 425 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until an instant read thermometer reaches 165 degrees F.
- Allow the chicken to rest for 5-10 minutes before serving.
How to Make Chicken Teriyaki Sauce
If you have a few extra minutes to spare, I encourage you try make your own chicken Teriyaki Sauce. It’s far better than anything you’ll buy at the store and super simple to whip up. Plus, you can play with the flavors as much as you like to suit your own preferences. Sometimes I like to add a splash or two of chili sauce to spice things up a bit.
Here’s how to make teriyaki sauce:
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, add the soy sauce, water, rice wine, brown sugar, garlic and ginger.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and then turn the heat to low.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the cornstarch with 1 tablespoon of water.
- Slowly whisk the cornstarch into the soy sauce mixture and turn off the heat. Set aside.
Can you bake chicken in Teriyaki Sauce?
Yes! You absolutely can bake chicken breast in teriyaki sauce. If you don’t have time to marinade your chicken or you simply forgot to prep ahead (which I ALWAYS do), you can maximize the flavor of your chicken breast by baking it directly in the sauce.
Simply arrange your chicken breast on a rimmed baking sheet or in a shallow baking dish and pour half the sauce over the chicken. Turn the chicken to coat completely in the sauce and bake in the oven at 425 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until an instant read thermometer reaches 165 degrees F.
Pour the remaining sauce over the chicken to serve.
My FAVORITE side dishes for Baked Teriyaki Chicken are:
- Super simple Cauliflower Rice
- This AMAZING Asian Style Cole Slaw is perfection
- Easy Shrimp Fried Rice…better than take out!
- No Cook Asian Rice Noodle Salad
It’s so easy to get dinner on the table with any of these drool worthy side dishes and this Baked Teriyaki Chicken recipe…..and with very little clean up. I even line my pan with foil so I can just take it off and voila…..clean baking sheet!!!
If you’re looking for MORE easy TAKE OUT inspired dinners….try these reader FAVES:
- Easy Singapore Chow Mei Fun
- Super quick Szechuan Chicken Stir Fry
- AHHHMAZING Mongolian Beef Stir Fry
- Easy Beef Stir Fry with Rice Noodles
- 10 Minute Pepper Steak Stir Fry
- Stir Fried Beef Peppers and Snow Peas
Get the Recipe: Baked Teriyaki Chicken Breast
- 1 1/2 cups teriyaki sauce
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
- In a small bowl, whisk together the teriyaki sauce and sesame seeds.
- Place the chicken in a shallow dish or zip top bag. Pour 1 cup of the teriyaki sauce over the chicken and turn to coat. Marinade the chicken for 1 hour or up to 12 hours.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Arrange the chicken on a baking sheet lined with parchment or aluminum foil. Discard the remaining marinade.
- Bake the chicken for 20-25 minutes or until an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- Rest the chicken for 5-10 minutes before serving.
- Serve with the remaining sauce and sprinkle with the scallions.