A light and healthy main course salad great for easy, quick dinners. Salmon Nicoise Salad with Roasted Red Pepper Vinaigrette is super simple to make and a beautiful way to eat the rainbow. Loaded with protein, vitamins and bursting with flavor.
Happy Tuesday! Isn’t it great to have Monday behind us? I was pretty productive the last few days, which is great because today it’s pouring outside and I have a lot of trouble getting motivated to do anything when it’s gloomy outside. It’s a good day for list making and closet cleaning…to get ready for the summer which is just around the corner. The last patch of snow melted overnight and the daffodils are happy. So, now…I get to dream of all the fun stuff that will fill out the summer months like trips to the beach, roller coaster rides and salads. Yep, salads. They can be fun and tasty and quick.
Like this Salmon Nicoise Salad with Roasted Red Pepper Vinaigrette. Very similar to a “tuna” Nicoise Salad that I had last summer in Cape May, NJ but with a tasty peppered salmon filet that’s moist, tender and super tasty. And it just sounds fancy and complicated but it’s totally not thanks to Bumble Bee SuperFresh® Salmon with Garlicky Black Pepper & Extra Virgin Olive Oil. You just slip the Bumble Bee SuperFresh® Salmon with Garlicky Black Pepper & Extra Virgin Olive Oil into its own parchment (included in the packaging) and let your oven do the rest. You can even have it for lunch; it’s that easy—and delicious! It takes just 20 minutes to heat.
Bumble Bee SuperFresh® is a complete line of naturally-seasoned, restaurant quality, “fish-forward” prepared seafood solutions for the home. It raises the bar for what seafood lovers can expect from frozen food! All of their seafood is no mess, and no fuss; just pure perfection, time after time. The premium Salmon and Tilapia come with their own parchment paper baking pouch and go from freezer to table in under 25 minutes. High in protein, richly seasoned with pure and simple ingredients that let the fish shine through! The newest Seared Ahi tuna item is seasoned with a few simple ingredients, seared and thinly sliced. You simply defrost in your fridge for approximately 3 hours and it is ready to plate. Bumble Bee SuperFresh® smells and tastes amazing. No fishy smells here. Because you prepare Bumble Bee SuperFresh® straight from the freezer, there isn’t any smell associated with thawing fish. And it has stayed that way from harvest to your oven unlike most of the “fresh” fish you find at the seafood counter. That means it is fresh tasting, and fresh smelling. Bumble Bee SuperFresh® offers unparalleled quality. Their seafood is “fish forward”— they have nothing to hide under heavy breading, sauces, or a long list of unpronounceable ingredients. The recipes complement the amazing protein that they start with to bring out the best of the seafood. Available in a wide variety of flavors, they’re simply something for every palate!
And it’s such a time saver when trying to create healthy, satisfying meals your family will love. This Salmon Nicoise Salad with Roasted Red Pepper Vinaigrette is ready in just 20 minutes and you can even use up some leftovers from prior dinners to speed up the process! These roasted potatoes are a great addition and save some extra green beans from this easy side dish to throw in, as well. The Roasted Red Pepper Vinaigrette is, also, ready in a flash. Every single bite of this salad is completely mind blowing and loaded with good for you ingredients. Olives, egg, greens, peppery radish….even the pickiest of eaters will be begging for more.
Simply amazing dinner in minutes, the perfect way to usher in the summer months and speed up the dinner making process. Thanks to Bumble Bee SuperFresh® for helping to make mealtime less stressful but super healthy at the same time. You can find Bumble Bee SuperFresh® in the frozen seafood section, typically near the seafood counter, at your local grocery store. Want more salad for dinner? Check out this Thai Chicken Salad and THIS Grilled Chicken Salad with Quinoa. Tried and true hits with my whole family!
Salmon Nicoise Salad with Roasted Red Pepper Vinaigrette
- 4 Bumble Bee SuperFresh® Salmon with Garlicky Black Pepper & Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 cups fresh french green beans
- 1 cup fresh wax beans
- 6 cups baby arugula
- 1 1/2 cups roasted potatoes
- 1/2 cup assorted olives
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced radish
- 1 cup thinly sliced English cucumber
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 3 hard boiled eggs, cut in half
- 1/4 cup finely minced roasted red pepper
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Unwrap each salmon filet from the plastic wrapper and place each in a parchment pouch. Seal by folding the open end under and place on a baking sheet. Transfer the baking sheet to the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Fill a large bowl with ice water and set aside.
- While the fish is cooking, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the beans and cook for 1 minute. Immediately remove to the bowl filled with ice water to stop the cooking process. Drain the beans and set aside.
- Spread the arugula on a large platter or place in a salad bowl. Top with the potatoes, green beans, olives, radish, tomatoes,cucumber and egg. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the roasted red pepper, cider vinegar, garlic, thyme and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Toss the salad with the dressing.
- Remove the salmon from the parchment pouches and place on top of the salad.
- Serve immediately.
|Serving Size||1 fish filet and 2 cups salad|
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 390kcal Calories from fat 292|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 32g||49%|
|Saturated Fat 5g||25%|
|Dietary Fiber 5g||20%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|