Air Fryer Margherita Pizza
This summer, enjoy an easy to make Air Fryer Margherita Pizza! All of your favorite caprese flavors are air fried to crispy perfection on a piece of soft naan bread. When it’s all topped off with fresh basil and balsamic glaze, this pizza becomes simply unforgettable – and better than what you can order from your local pizza joint!
Air Fryer Margherita Pizza
This summer, I plan on keeping my air fryer plugged in just about every day of the week! Why? Because during the heat of the summer, I hate when my oven makes my kitchen even hotter than it has to be. Why should I break a sweat baking a pizza, after all, when I can air fry it in less time and not have to preheat an oven?! Plus, these perfectly portioned margherita pizzas have some of my most favorite summer flavors.
Fresh basil and balsamic glaze are delicious all year long, but that signature caprese taste of juicy tomatoes and smooth mozzarella cheese all together creates a seriously summery bite! There’s something so sunny and bright about enjoying any caprese-inspired dish, and that definitely includes this easy to make pizza. It’s perfect for summer parties and weeknight dinners alike! Plus, since they’re individually portioned, everyone will have their own pizza – no slicing required!
You’re going to love just how easy this pizza is to make, too. There’s a whopping five minutes of prep time, followed by another 5 minutes of cook time required to make this quick and easy pizza! Simply toss all of the fresh, mouthwatering ingredients onto your piece of naan and pop it in the air fryer. This is a great meal idea when you’re hungry and need something on the table fast! So, pour yourself a glass of vino, plug in the air fryer, and relax with this margherita pizza.
How to Make It
These quick and easy naan pizzas are made with the most delicious caprese inspired ingredients in a matter of minutes!
Spread the olive oil and pesto. Mix extra virgin olive oil and basil pesto together and spread ½ teaspoon onto each naan with a basting brush.
Assemble the toppings. Slice tomatoes 3-4 times each. Tap to remove excess moisture. 3. Place ¼ cup shredded cheese and as many tomatoes as desired onto each mini pizza.
Cook the pizzas in the air fryer. Place mini caprese pizzas into the air fryer. You may need to cook 2 at a time. 5. Cook at 400°F for 4-5 minutes.
Garnish. Top with fresh basil, cut chiffonade or torn into pieces. Drizzle with balsamic glaze.
Tips for the Best Air Fryer Margherita Pizza
- Fresh mozzarella is an option, but it doesn’t melt up as nicely as the shredded and might need to cook quite a bit longer in the air fryer. If you want to grate your own mozzarella cheese, use the low moisture mozzarella – not the fresh, wetter mozzarella cheese.
- For the best flavor, be sure to use my recipe for The Best Basil Pesto! I’ve found that a lot of the store-bought jars of pesto I’ve tried are more salty than they should be, whereas my homemade version really enhances the fresh basil and toasted pine nut flavors.
- You can use either cherry or grape tomatoes. Whichever option you go with, just make sure you tap them lightly with paper towels to remove excess moisture. If you skip this step, you could end up with little puddles of tomato juice on top of your pizza.
- If you don’t have any naan on hand, you can use cooked pizza dough rounds instead. With that being said, I’ve found that naan compliments the caprese flavors more than regular pizza dough. Plus, the naan is so chewy and hold up perfectly in the air fryer!
This summer, enjoy more of my favorite caprese recipes!
- Caprese Salad Skewers
- Tomato Mozzarella Caprese Salad
- Baked Chicken Caprese Skillet
- Caprese Tortellini Pasta Salad
Get the Recipe: Air Fryer Caprese Pizza on Naan
- 4 pieces naan bread or small cooked pizza dough rounds
- 8 grape or cherry tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon pesto
- 1 cups low moisture whole milk mozzarella cheese, freshly shredded Garnish
- 8-12 basil leaves, chiffonade
- 2 tablespoons balsamic glaze
- air fryer
- Mix extra virgin olive oil and basil pesto together and spread ½ teaspoon onto each naan with a basting brush.
- Slice tomatoes 3-4 times each. Tap to remove excess moisture. 3. Place ¼ cup shredded cheese and as many tomatoes as desired onto each mini pizza.
- Place mini pizzas into the air fryer. You may need to cook 2 at a time. 5. Cook at 400°F for 4-5 minutes.
- Top with fresh basil, cut chiffonade or torn into pieces.
- Drizzle with balsamic glaze.