Boozy Peppermint Mocha Coffee
A super easy alcoholic coffee drink, this Peppermint Mocha Spiked Coffee recipe is so festive for the holiday season. Made in just minutes, this coffeehouse copy cat is a huge crowd pleaser! I even include instructions for a non-alcoholic version, too.
The holidays are upon us and so is the ultra busy schedule. With all the hustle and bustle this time of year it’s nice to find some time to wind down with a few friends to enjoy a slower pace activity like watching Hallmark Christmas movies or shopping together……online.
I like to invite my friends over for a cup of coffee but while the kids are running through the house screaming at the top of their lungs because the elf moved six feet to the left last night, sometimes I need something a bit stronger than my usual cup of coffee. Enter this Boozy Peppermint Mocha Coffee which takes about the same amount of time to make as your regular coffee.
I’m a big fan of the Peppermint Mocha at my local coffee house and this Peppermint Mocha recipe can be made either with alcohol or without. It’s nice to have a non-boozy version to enjoy during the week when the kids are off at school and you’re catching up on the second half of Elf for the 37th time this year.
Now, a true Peppermint Mocha Coffee is made with espresso but I made this recipe with a brewed coffee using my new Hamilton Beach FlexBrew Coffee Maker! I’ve been using a FlexBrew Coffee Maker for years and the new version is even better than before. I love this coffee maker so much because you can either make a full pot of coffee (for girls’ night!) or just a single cup using K-cup packs or the single serve filter basket.
The Hamilton Beach FlexBrew Coffee Maker is also programmable so you can get out the door when mornings are busy without a fuss….AND it has a brew strength selection that ensures you get the exact cup of coffee that you want every single time. It makes whipping up a Peppermint Mocha Coffee so quick and easy!
And you can ENTER TO WIN your very own Hamilton Beach FlexBrew Coffee Maker right now!!!
How do you make a Peppermint Mocha?
Making a non-alchoholic Peppermint Mocha Coffee drink is so easy to do:
- Pour 1 cup brewed coffee into a cup.
- Stir in 1 tablespoon chocolate syrup, 1 tablespoon mint syrup (or a drop of peppermint extract will do if you can’t find peppermint syrup….but just a drop will do ya, it’s potent!) and 2 tablespoons milk or cream. Stir to combine
- Top with whipped cream, crushed candy canes and more chocolate syrup.
- Serve immediately.
To make a Boozy Peppermint Mocha Coffee:
- Pour 1 cup brewed coffee into a mug or cup.
- Stir in 1/2 ounce creme de menthe and 1/2 ounce chocolate liquor. Stir to combine.
- Add 2 tablespoons heavy cream and 1/2 teaspoon sugar, if desired.
- Top with whipped cream, crushed peppermint candies and sprinkles, if desired.
If you want to cheat a little bit, you could even purchase Peppermint Mocha creamer but it’s sometimes hard to find this time of year because everyone is feeling a bit lazy so I like to keep these easy latte recipes under my belt for quick entertaining.
How do you brew coffee in a coffee maker?
To brew a perfect cup of coffee in the coffee maker, simply follow these tips to achieve the best results possible.
- If you buy whole bean coffee, be sure to grind your beans as close to the brewing time as possible. For a coffee maker, you want a medium grind….too fine and your coffee will taste bitter…..too course and your coffee will taste flat.
- If using tap water, be sure to let the water run for a few seconds before filling your pot and always use cold water. Never use distilled or softened water.
- The general guideline for your coffee to water ratio is one to two tablespoons ground coffee to every six ounces of water. You can adjust this to suit your own preferences.
- I like to use a coffee tamper to press down the grounds in the filter just a bit so the water runs evenly through the grounds to extract the flavor. This isn’t a must but I found it does affect the flavor for the better. But it could also just be a head game. 🙂
If you’re looking for more easy comfort drinks for the holiday season you should definitely of few of these favorites:
- The Nutty Irishman….it isn’t just for St. Patrick’s Day!
- Apple Chai Hot Toddy is a comforting beverage we enjoy all year long.
- An easy Blender Eggnog is a necessity during the season!
- This Iced Coconut Caramel Macchiato is subtly refreshing.
- Make this easy Cold Brew Coffee to have on hand all year.
Want a few tasty nibbles to serve your friends while they sip on their Boozy Peppermint Mocha Coffee? Try these favorites!
- Chocolate Ganache Filled Gingerbread Cookie Cups are simple and amazing.
- How about a White Chocolate Peppermint Mocha Biscotti for dipping???
- Or these easy No Bake Peppermint Bark Cookies!
- My fave…..Cranberry Brie Puff Pastry Bites.
- And these Chocolate Crinkle Cookies are a must have classic.
For more fun recipes be sure to follow us over on Instagram! AND to enter to win your very own Hamilton Beach FlexBrew Coffee Maker be sure to follow Hamilton Beach on Facebook or Instagram and comment below with your favorite way to make your morning coffee your very own!
Boozy Peppermint Mocha Coffee Recipe
Super easy spiked coffee recipe, this Boozy Peppermint Mocha Coffee is fantastic for the holidays!
- 4 cups brewed coffee
- 2 ounces creme de menthe
- 2 ounces chocolate liquor
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar if desired
- whipped cream
- melted chocolate
- crushed peppermint candies
If using, dip the rims of the mugs or glasses into melted chocolate and then dip into the crushed candies.
Allow the chocolate to set before filling with coffee, approximately 5 minutes.
Divide the brewed coffee between four coffee mugs.
Stir 1/2 ounce creme de menthe, 1/2 ounce chocolate liquor, 1 tablespoon cream and 1/4 tablespoon sugar into each.
Top with whipped cream and garnish with sprinkles, if desired.