Baked Cranberry Brie Bites
Little pillows of heaven….Cranberry Brie Bites are the appetizer of your dreams. This easy recipe is just 3 ingredients and can be made in advance for easy party planning so you can join your friends during your next soiree!
Cranberry Brie Bites
I always wanted to be that person who always threw the best dinner parties with the best friends and the best neighbors. The person that everyone would talk about during the year hoping to get an invite to their next event. I’d have the best appetizers and an epic cheese board to get things started. Then, I’d serve a lavish 5 course dinner all made from scratch starting with a jaw dropping salad and some kind of bisque-y soup.
But I’m super lazy and, as much as I love to entertain, I don’t want to spend hours in the kitchen. The main reason for having friends over is to, actually, spend time with your friends. So, I like to have EASY appetizers in my back pocket to whip up on the fly with as few ingredients as possible…..and these Cranberry Brie Bites are our all time favorite.
Just like little mini Brie en Croute, or baked brie, these little brie bites are wrapped up in puff pastry for a mouthful of wonderfulness.
What are Cranberry Brie Bites
The ultimate in party appetizers, Cranberry Brie Bites are little packets of puff pastry wrapped up around a filling of oozy, melted brie and cranberry sauce or cranberry jam.
Brushed with a light egg wash and baked until puffed, golden brown and perfect, they’re completely over-the-top addicting.
What I love most about these little puff pastry brie bites is the fact that they can be made in advance and FROZEN to keep on hand for friends who drop in with little notice. As much as I prefer to have a little heads up when friends come by, these little appetizers save the day when I’ve planned ahead for the holiday season.
How To Make Baked Brie Bites
This easy Baked Brie recipe is super simple to make with just three ingredients. You don’t have to cut the rind off the brie before assembling but I do it anyway because it seems easier to divide the brie into equal pieces.
- Roll out the puff pastry on a lightly floured surface.
- Cut the puff pastry into three long rectangles and then cut each rectangle into 3 squares.
- Place a teaspoon brie in the center of each square.
- Top with a teaspoon cranberry sauce.
- Brush the egg on the edges of the pastry.
- Pinch the seams together to seal the dough.
- Arrange the puff pastry bites on a baking sheet.
- Bake the puff pastry bites for 18-20 minutes.
- Allow the puff pastry bites to cool for 4-5 minutes.
You can serve the Cranberry Brie Bites warm from the oven or at room temperature. Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container….but there won’t be any leftovers.
How To Make Brie Bites in Advance and Freeze
The best part about Cranberry Brie Bites is that you can make them in advance and freeze them.
- Simply assemble your puff pastry brie bites as directed and arrange on a baking sheet.
- Freeze until firm, approximately 4 hours.
- Transfer to a freezer bag, press out the air, seal and freeze for up to 3 months.
- To bake from frozen, preheat the oven and arrange on a baking sheet lined with parchment or foil coated with cooking spray.
- Bake as directed.
Some of your brie bites may burst while baking, but that’s totally fine and they’ll still taste amazing!
They’re almost as easy as these Brown Sugar Pecan Bites and make a great addition to any party spread.
More Easy Appetizers
If you love these Cranberry Brie Bites, you’ll also love these easy Pigs in a Blanket that are also made with puff pastry dough. Or try these easy Antipasto Skewers that require no cooking at all and these cheesy tomato Palmiers.
Get the Recipe: Cranberry Brie Bites Recipe
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed
- flour for dusting
- 1 cup cranberry sauce or cranberry jam
- 8 ounces brie cheese
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 baking sheet
- 1 pastry cutter
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Roll out the puff pastry on a lightly floured surface to approximately 12 inches x 12 inches.
- Cut the puff pastry into three long rectangles and then cut each rectangle into 3 squares. You will have 9 squares from each sheet of puff pastry.
- Place a teaspoon brie in the center of each square and top with a teaspoon cranberry sauce.
- Using a pastry brush, lightly brush the egg on the edges of the pastry. Then, pull the corners up to meet at the top pinching the seams together to seal the dough.
- Arrange the puff pastry bites on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake the puff pastry bites for 18-20 minutes or until puffed up and golden brown.
- Allow the puff pastry bites to cool for 4-5 minutes before serving.